3

"Ok everyone listen up!" Brad yells.

He points to five of the kids and tells them to play in the field first. Then he points to the other three and says that they will be on our team.

"So, Brad...are we kicking first?" I ask. I feel a little embarrassed that I don't know how to play.

He smiles down at me and nods his head.

"Josh is gonna kick first, then Jenna, then you and so on." He says while pointing to a girl with long brown hair and hazel eyes. That must be Jenna.

We all walk over to home plate and get in line to kick.

While I was waiting Brad tells me some of the rules so now I know the basics of this game.

By the time it's my turn Im a little more confident. But I know I will embarrass myself somehow.

"You can do it Jo!" Brad yells.

The boy that's pitching rolls the ball towards me.
I swing my leg back and kick the ball with everything I got. The ball barely makes it to the middle of the field.

I don't care I just run to first base. To my surprise I actually make it to first base!
Yay!!! While I'm standing on base trying to catch my breath, something knocks me on my stomach making me fall back on my butt.

Ow! That really hurt!

I look up to see Brad yelling at some boy.

"Watch what you are doing Xander! You hurt my MATE!" He roared.....he literally sounded like a lion when he said "mate".

What in the world is a mate? Is it a friend, because I am his friend.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when I feel pain around my lower stomach. It hurt really really bad.

"Brad!! My tummy hurts!" I yell. I'm crying at this point.

He runs over to me a picks me up like a princess. Wow he's really strong!

"Jo I'm so sorry if you didn't play this stupid game then you wouldn't of gotten a ball thrown at you! And you wouldn't be in pain. It's all my fault." He says. He looks like he's in so much pain just because I'm hurt.

I wrap my arms around him.
I don't even feel that bad anymore. Once I was in Brad's arms all of the pain went away.

"Brad it's ok...it's not that painful anymore." I tell him.

"We should still go get some ice for the bruise." He says looking at my stomach.

What bruise? I look down at my stomach to see that my shirt is lifted up a little bit and I can see a big black and purple bruise.

Oh...that bruise....