8

"Brad I can't sleep in the same bad as you." I say while shaking my head.

He looks hurt. Doesn't he understand that he is a boy and I'm a girl?! We can't sleep in the same bed together. For one thing, it's gross! BOYS HAVE COOTIES!!!! And second of all we are too young!

A knock on the door brings me out of my head. I turn to see brad's mommy.

"You guys need to be in bed." She says.

"But where am I supposed to sleep?" I ask.

She looks at Brad with a disappointed look.

" Brad I raised you better than that. Let Jo sleep in the bed and you can take your sleeping bag out of he closet and sleep on the floor. You know we don't have any extra rooms." She says while folding her arms across her chest.

Brad looks mad. He rolls his eyes before walking to his closet to pull out his black sleeping bag.

He lays it down and sits on top of it. He looks
up to his mom.

"Happy?" He asks.

His mom gives us a small smile.

"Yes I am. Now you both of your get some sleep." She says before walking out of the room.

"I'm sorry that you have to sleep on the floor." I say looking down at my bright pink socks.

"It's ok. I would do anything for you." He said while I jumped up on the bed.

I looked over to him.
"Why Brad? Why? What is so special about me that u would do anything for?" I ask him.

I hope he answers because he keeps saying all of these things and I don't understand what's so special about me that he would like so much.

"I'm sorry. I can't tell you. At least right now. Maybe in the future and don't worry there will DEFINITELY be a future to look forward to. We are going to be so happy together when we grow up.
I can promise you that right now." He said with a huge smile on his cute face.

Wait did I just say cute? Oh well...he is cute

I smile down at him.

"I look forward to the future." I say with happiness in my voice. He truly does make me happy.

"Good night, beautiful." Brad says before getting up and turning the lights off.

I turn over and lay on my stomach. I'm actually pretty tired. I yawn.

"Goodnight Brad." I say softly.