The Prologue

We ran quickly through the rain to the old pub at the end of the street. It was the only one that served without IDing, and every underage teen in London knew it.

The truth was, they didn't need the underage look over, they came here for me. Seventeen and under the legal drinking age, you would think I was a nuisance to bring along anywhere, but not for them.

It also helped that no one turned them away anywhere they went.

It also helped that my brother was Niall Horan and his best friend was Harry Styles.

We quickly took off our wet coats as we walked through the pub doors. The smell of beer instantly hitting my nostrils.

"I truly hate that smell, you know?" I said out loud, not to anyone in particular.

I shook my dirty blond hair out, my cheeks felt red from the cold. I just knew any flat ironing I did to my hair was slowly fading cause of the rain.

"But it taste like sweet heaven, now don't it? Niall said to me and I rolled my blue eyes.

Harry reached and took my coat from me, holding it with his as we made our way to the bar tables, "At least you get used to it right?" He smiled small at me and I shrugged. He placed our coats on the empty chair in between him and Niall. I sat on his other side, next to Niall.

Harry, Niall and I had been coming to this bar for two years now. We had each earned a stein on the bar wall for drinking every beer they had.

"Well if it isn't my favorite trio!" Margie, our favorite waitress said as she approached our table, "Macie! You look like a woman! I know it hasn't been that long since I last saw you. When did you...develop?"

My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks turn bright red, my hands quickly covering my chest. "Marg!" I squealed out, my face now not only red from the cold but from embarrassment as well.

Harry burst into laughter and Niall made a face of disgust, "Harry give her the coat back!" He exclaimed and Harry rolled his eyes.

"Mate it's boiling in here. I ain't going to do that to her!" Harry said, smiling small at me.

Harry had always been really good when it came to deflecting Niall's overprotectiveness for my sake and it was something I was internally grateful about.

"Can we please just get three of the usual?" I managed out quickly.

"You got it sweetie, I'll get those right out." She winked at me and managed a smile.

She wasn't far off on my, development. My eighteen birthday was only a couple weeks away and my body had recently gone into over drive with the idea of me being a woman. In the past months, my curves had filled out nicely, and the baby face and chubby cheeks had faded and were replaced with a defined bone structure.

"So when do you all head out on tour again?" I asked, trying to move the conversation even further away from my development.

"Uhhh, couple weeks I believe." Niall said, scoping out the bar.

"Day after your birthday actually." Harry said smiling at me.

"So I become legal and you all leave me to fend for myself?" I pouted.

"Not our fault you don't have friends." Niall teased and I rolled my eyes.

"I have friends Niall, you've also just slept with about half of them so it's weird now."