035. unexpected

𓆩♡𓆪

Over a week had passed since that day, and Heeseung was doing better. He just wasn't completely himself as he zoned out often, smiling and talking less. Haewon made sure he ate well and got enough sleep since she'd let him stay at her house almost all the time so he wouldn't be lonely.

Ms. Lee's funeral was a few days ago. Heeseung, Haewon, Taehyun, Chaeyoung and her sister and mom attended the funeral. She held his hand and comforted him the best she could the whole time.

She recently tried to make him feel better with the things he liked. The girl was making spicy ramen for him because she knew how much he loved it. Heeseung was watching from the kitchen island with a small smile tugging at his lips. Her hair was in a loose ponytail with strands framing her face. His elbows were on the table as he leaned his head on his hands. Heeseung was wearing his favorite dark green beanie. She could see him smirk as he watched her every move.

This is girlfriend material right here.

Haewon set the bowl of ramen in front of him, making Heeseung snap back into reality.

"Stop staring."

"Make me."

The girl mirrored his pose and stared back at him on the opposite side of the island counter. Tilting her head, she slightly raised a brow making his lips curve up a fraction. She acted unbothered, but was actually super relieved and happy because he was getting back to his playful side. After a few seconds, Heeseung broke off the eye contact because he was blushing too hard. He was a mess and couldn't look her in the eye. Haewon watched him get all shy with an obviously lovestruck gaze. She felt butterflies in her stomach just from him smiling and found enjoyment in making him flustered for once instead.

"Eat." the girl gestured to the food in front of him.

She watches him eat, relieved that the bags under his eyes were gone and he was staying hydrated. This was only because Heeseung knew that's what his grandma would want. She noticed that some of his hair almost reached his eyes and made it hard for him to eat without having to adjust it with one hand. He was visibly struggling and moving his head in all directions. It was cute. Haewon laughed and walked up to him.

"Look at me."

She reached up and combed through his messy hair with her fingers. She moved the strands that got in his way to the side. He looked straight at her as she did her thing and his eyes were dripping with honey. It made Haewon's heart race and she couldn't handle it when she locked eyes with him for a second. That's why she fixated her gaze on his hair and nothing else. She let him finish eating before asking him about later.

"Hee?"

"Hm?"

"Do you want to go to karaoke later?"

Heeseung's eyes lit up as he nodded quickly. "Yes. Is 7 good?"

Her hands fell from his hair to his shoulders, "Yup. You should go home and get ready."

The girl turned him around and handed him his backpack, leading him out the door. He was confused but went with it. "O-okay?"

"Bye!" Haewon shut the door behind him.