016. closer

𓆩♡𓆪

"Let's be friends. What do you say?"

Taken slightly aback, Haewon opens and closes her mouth, unsure of what to say. She didn't know what exactly happened, but the urge to punch him every time she'd see him was fading. She'd grown to enjoy his presence much more than she should. Avoiding him felt wrong and made her feel guilty. Over this past month, she showed him her vulnerability and so did he. Haewon saw qualities in him she never did before. It was hard to ignore that they've grown not exactly close, but much closer.

Heeseung notices her hesitation and regrets his words, retracting his hand. "Or maybe not-"

"No. Let's be friends." Haewon stands up and holds eye contact with a reluctant smile.

Heeseung beams and wraps his arms around the surprised girl's shoulders before she wraps hers around his waist.

————

Haewon can't contain her excitement as she scans the hallways for her best friend to tell her the news. Her eyes land on the familiar blonde and she jogs up to her, beaming. Before she could though, a familiar dark-haired boy appears out of nowhere and puts a hand on the wall, blocking her way.

"Hey, Kang." Heeseung grins. "Where you going?"

"Just to Chaeyoung, what's up?"

"You heard about the party tomorrow night, right?"

"What party?"

"The one Sim Jake's throwing. You really live under a rock, huh?" Heeseung laughs.

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that...but isn't he a senior?"

"Yeah, but those invited can bring others. Don't worry. Jake's parties aren't those typical senior ones with drugs and alcohol."

Haewon pauses, "That's reassuring but I don't really go to parties..."

"It'll be fun! I'll stay with you the entire time." he grabs her hands and pouts, "Please? You can bring Chaeyoung too!"

She snorts at his childish behavior, "Okay fine, but don't ever do that pouty shit again."

"Hah, you can't resist me." Heeseung winks and ruffles her hair as Haewon glares at him for messing up her hair. He walks off and shortly after, Chaeyoung walks up to Haewon.

"What. The. Fuck." Chaeyoung gapes.

"What?"

"Did I miss something? Why are y'all acting like that? Are you okay?" Chaeyoung places a hand on her friend's forehead, worried.

"Chill. We're friends now." Haewon chuckles.

"WHAT?!"

"I know, I can't really believe it either."

"What changed?"

"I realized that..I don't hate him. I hate my brother. I just needed someone to blame for my loneliness so I blamed Heeseung..."

Chaeyoung pauses, taking it all in before she leaps at her best friend and embraces her, smiling. "Ugh, i'm so proud of you."

She hugs her back and they pull apart to walk with their arms intertwined, laughing and talking as Chaeyoung begs for Haewon to tell her everything.