027. picnic

𓆩♡𓆪

"Tell me where we're going!"

Heeseung chuckled, smirking in amusement as the girl in the passenger seat next to him glared. Could you blame her, though? He had dragged her out on a peaceful Saturday afternoon with no explanation. Here they were, a few minutes away from their destination and Haewon was almost reaching her breaking point. Why was it so hard to inform her about where he's taking her? For all she knows, he could be driving them off a cliff.

Actually, scratch that.

Heeseung loves himself too much for such a stunt.

"You'll see, love. Just wait."

Love?!

Did he just?!-

He's definitely lost it.

Scoffing in disbelief and slight fluster, the girl looks away and stares out the window to hide the blush creeping up to her face, "I hate you so much."

"Mhm." the boy purposely drags out, not buying a word.

Haewon wore a white crop with trousers and a khaki cardigan, good for the lower temperature these past few days. Somehow, the girl's gaze travels to him again and she finds herself staring at the way he drives. One hand on the wheel, the other on the armrest. His silver earrings swayed from side to side and his black hair in a mullet looked way too good for her sanity. He was wearing a white shirt and dark grey jeans with a few rings decorating his pretty fingers.

Damn. He looks good.

In a platonic way, of course.

He had noticed the girl staring at him and fought back a smirk, sucking in his cheeks. Soon, they enter a parking lot and get out of the car. Haewon curiously looks around the area and realizes he'd brought them to a park. Heeseung retrieves a picnic basket from the trunk, which she hadn't noticed before. After connecting the dots, Haewon gasps softly.

"We're having a picnic?!"

"Yup! Come on, let's go find a good spot." the boy grabs her hand with his free one and they walk in.

The park was mildly crowded with people. After all, the weather was perfect and it was a Saturday. They found a spot in the grass to lay out the classic yellow plaid-patterned blanket. The two sit and Heeseung sets the basket down in front of them. Taking out the dishes one by one, Haewon watches in awe. Triangle-cut sandwiches, chips, cupcakes, soda, and more.

"When did you do all this?"

"This morning. My grandma helped me." he giggled, "She really likes you, by the way."

"Your grandma's the sweetest."

The girl whips out her phone to take a picture of the food and their surroundings, the mood was so calming and happy she couldn't help but smile. "Seungie."

Snapping his head in her direction, he gives her an expectant and curious look. No wonder people call him a deer. He was adorable. Haewon took a picture of the boy just in time, though.