030. grumpy

𓆩♡𓆪

Haewon woke up and felt good for once. She didn't feel like screwing her responsibilities and letting her blankets swallow her whole as she usually did on the weekends. Instead, she wanted to get up and be productive. She got out of bed and stretched. However, she suddenly sneezed and widened her eyes as she felt something down there. She checked the date on her phone and came to a horrific realization.

All that motivation from before evaporated into thin air.

She got washed up and took a shower, changing into comfortable clothes and falling back onto her bed. She wanted to do nothing but binge-watch movies on her laptop till she fell asleep. She was about to do just that, but Heeseung comes barging in and leaps on her bed beside her, going on his phone as if this was his very own room.

"Ugh. Leave." she grabs a pillow nearby and smacks his head with it.

"Nah." he glances at her for a second before scrolling through his phone without a care in the world.

"Get out." Haewon groans.

"Why are you so grumpy today?"

"Wh- I- just get off my bed!"

Heeseung sets his phone down and sits up to face her, "What's wrong?"

"...I started my period." massaging her temple, she sighs before laying down and wrapping her blanket around herself.

"Oh."

He gives her a look of pity and contemplates on how to make her feel better. "I'll be right back."

The boy rushes out the door, leaving Haewon puzzled yet too tired to bother much. About five to ten minutes pass by when Heeseung comes back into her room holding a hot water bottle and a few chocolate bars. He was holding a plastic bag, too. The girl sat up out of curiosity and was unable to form words as he sat next to her and pulled out painkillers from the bag. He handed her the hot water bottle and she put it on her lower abdomen.

"Take these painkillers if your cramps get too bad, and here's some chocolate I picked up on the way. I don't know what your favorite is but hopefully, you'll like it-"

Heeseung widened his eyes and froze when he caught sight of her watery, glistening eyes. She swallowed, finding it hard to talk because of the lump in her throat.

"Heeseung..." she barely managed to choke out.

What the hell am I doing?

She felt pathetic for tearing up because of a gesture. She didn't have a present motherly figure to teach her about stuff like this nor take care of her. She had only herself and the internet to rely on. She was understandably sensitive. The boy was beyond surprised. He didn't know what to do so he just engulfed her in a warm hug. "Won, why are you crying?"

"I- you- you're just too nice. Your future girlfriend is gonna be so lucky."

I really hope it'll be you.

"I am, aren't I?" he laughed a little.

Haewon smacked his back with little strength, covering up the smile on her face. "Don't laugh."