12 | congrats in order

Start from the beginning

You sighed, lowering your head. Out of all of you, Lee was the most beat up, Diaval had managed to heal every single one of your injuries when he revived you - but not any of the energy you used. Neji was also low on Chakra. You hoped whatever waiting room you were put into had some sort of food as a 'congratulations, you survived' gift. But you found yourself not wanting to enter, not when you knew that the only other people there were from the sand. It was inevitable they'd see you - as your group was approaching the waiting room, you could almost feel yourself dragging your feet. Of course, it could be anyone on the other side, not necessarily Temari and her two brothers.

Neji took note of your nerves, but let Lee speak on it for him. "Do not be nervous, [Firstname]! I know that the people on the other side are from your old home town, and it is impossible that they would not see you enter, but it will be okay!" Neji glared at Lee in a way of telling him to shut up, but he didn't get the hint. Not seeing the way it disheartened you more. "And if they are to inevitably confront you, it-!"

"Shut up!" Neji yelled, "To think, all you do is talk, yet you can't take a hint."

Lee's hand lifted to his face and stopped a little ways away from his mouth, surprised that his words didn't go the way he wanted them to. "Oh, I am sorry!" He apologized loudly, but you were already halfway through the door - deciding it was best to face your fears head-on. Those beyond the door were two people standing, a blonde of course, with that familiar hairstyle - and a hooded person. They were blocking you from seeing the last one, who was sitting down. The hooded one was turning to see who entered; but didn't get the chance to - Lee had thrown himself onto you, knocking you over. He remembered you had mentioned during your hunt for food that there was a blonde sand ninja during the written exam that you thought you knew, so the moment blonde hair came into his vision it was like his way of thinking flew out the window.

"Oh, ow! Why would you push me, Neji!?" Lee excused, getting up off you and sitting in front of you in a fast movement - he nonchalantly turned his head toward the group in front of him. "Oh, look. A group of people we do not know. You embarrassed me, Neji!" He whined, looking back to see his teammates. You were face first on the floor, silent, and Neji was glaring down at him.

"You're the embarrassing one." Neji scoffed, turning his entire body to the right before walking off into the room. He had sat in a part of the room covered by a wall - which made Lee starry eyed. He quickly turned toward you, calling you by a name he made up on the spot before sprinting toward the other side. You were glad for his unnatural speed at anything, but the entire situation that took place made you want to drop dead. Again. When Lee sat you down on one of the seats, he looked proud of himself at the act he put on, sitting down next to you. Neji sat across, arms crossed as he shut his eyes.

You were silent, blinking before your eyes fell shut. You could hear Lee beside you get up and wander off, he returned a few moments later, whispering your name. Opening your eyes, you could see Lee standing in front of you - plate in hand and smile on his face. "There was nothing to spicy, but I know you are not a picky eater. I bought you some things I thought you might like." He placed the plate on your lap. "I brought a lot, because I thought we should get as much as we could before the others came. But I cannot deny the guilt in my conscience...!"

You smiled softly while thanking him and suddenly his doubts were gone. He went on a tangent about not hesitating to ask for anything else before he turned toward Neji. "I got a plate for you, too." He announced, Neji slowly opened his eyes into a squint.

"I know you are a fan of savory things, and I had no idea what to get you... But I hope this is enough." He lowered the plate, letting Neji grab it into his own hand. Although he wasn't sure what he was expecting, he was expecting more than a broccoli sprout. There was a twitch in his eyebrow before he shoved it back toward Lee. "I don't want this. I'm going to get ask much rest as I can." He shut his eyes, brows furrowed.