19 | Time skip

The story isn't over yet

Komaeda had tears of happiness in his eyes as he watched the models walk down the catwalk in the outfits he himself had designed. He held onto Hinata's arm tightly. Never in his entire life had he been so proud of himself.

After the fashion show, they stayed in a hotel since it was a one hour drive home. Komaeda jumped onto the bed. "What did you think of them, Hajime-kun?" He asked excitedly, hoping his boyfriend liked the designs.

"They were amazing, Nagi. Just like you." He kissed his forehead.

"You really think so? I-I was scared you were gonna be dissapointed..."

"No way. You're so talented, Nagito. Nobody could be dissapointed by your designs." He laid down next to him in the bed and pulled him close.

Komaeda couldn't hold it in anymore and began crying from happiness. "Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!"

"H-Hey, it's okay!" Hinata kissed his forehead.

"Th-this was all so much work and I was so ne-nervous... I'm so happy you liked it!" He exclaimed.

Hinata took a deep breath and sat up again. He was ready for this. Komaeda and him had been dating for several years now and he felt like this was a good time to ask. After Komaeda had calmed down of course. So, he did his best to help his boyfriend regain his composure.

"Haha, sorry about that!" Komaeda giggled, whiping his tears. "I was just happy..."

Hinata kissed his cheek. "It's fine, I get it. I, uh, have something to ask you though,"

"Hm?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. Then, he got onto one knee in front of the bed.

"U-uh... Nagito... I really love you, right? Like, I've loved you for a long, long time. You're my favorite person in the world and... okay, here goes... will you-"

"Yes!!" Komaeda shouted. "Ah-! Sorry, please continue,"

"Will you marry me?"

"Of course!! Of course!" He pulled Hinata close, smiling brightly. "You're my favorite person too!"

Hinata held Komaeda tightly and kissed him over and over again. This was the best day of his life.

Planning the wedding took a long time. Komaeda's father payed for most of it though, which was very nice. Komaeda and Hinata had discussed it for a long time and Komaeda had decided to take Hinata's last name. His father was dissapointed since it was so ordinary, but Komaeda had insisted on it.

Hinata felt very conflicted. Of course, he was extremely happy to be marrying the love of his life, but he was also scared of his parents. He hadn't told them about the wedding. He hadn't told them about Komaeda. Keeping the relationship a secret was hard, but he knew it was necessary. And it had worked well. That was, until he got a phone call from his mother.

"Hey, mom! What's up?"

"Hajime... You're getting married?"

"Wh-what..? What do you mean?"

"We got a letter from your fiancé's father with a wedding invite,"

Shit. Shit shit shit. He had given his soon-to-be father-in-law the addresses of his relatives and had asked him to send them all an invite, but he had forgotten to cross out his parents.

"Fuck... fucking shit..." He muttered.

"Hajime... I haven't told your father. This is all very confusing to me, but I'll let you explain,"

Hinata took a deep breath. "Miyako... she's my boyfriend. His name's Nagito, he was pretending to be a girl so you guys wouldn't get mad. I-I'm getting married to him," He told her.

"You're really... marrying a man? Instead of a woman?"

"Yes, mom. I am. Because I love him more than anything else," He said, voice stern.

"I... I see. I've been doing some self-improvement I guess you could say and... I love you, Hajime. Y-you're my dear son and nothing will ever change that. I won't tell your dad, he'd hate you, but... I... can I please come to your wedding, Haji?"

Hinata stayed silent for a few seconds, letting it sink in. "I... I'll have to ask Nagito,"

"Yes. Do that, honey. And tell him I'm sorry,"