6 | Job

"Yo, Komaeda?" Souda asked, walking up to him.

"Yes?"

"Can you do me a favor? Please?"

"Depends on what is it,"

Souda sighed. "So this Café I'm working at is super low on staff at the moment, right? Can you please just work there for like a week? If we don't make more money we'll have to close it down and I won't have a job then!"

"Hm... alright!"

"What? That easily?"

"Yep! I don't mind helping you out, Souda-kun,"

"You're the best!" Souda grinned and pat his back.

A few days later, Komaeda stood in the changing room of the Café angry.

"You didn't tell me there was a catch," He hissed at Souda.

"Then you would have for sure said no! Just please put it on!"

"Damn right I would have said no! And why are you so fine with wearing it?"

Souda rolled his eyes. "I'm not, I just have to do it to get money,"

Komaeda sighed and grabbed the stupid maid dress. The one time he tried to be a nice member of society, this happens.

"Uh... these too." Souda held up a pair of cat ears.

"I'm going to kill myself after this." Komaeda stated and grabbed the ears.

A minute later, he was wearing the uniform and the cat ears. Souda was too, which at least cheered him up a bit.

"You look good in it, Komaeda!" Souda grinned.

"You absolutely do!" A soft voice called out from behind Komaeda. He turned around.

There stood a very short girl who was also wearing the uniform. Souda put a hand on her shoulder, grinning. "That's Fujisaki. She's our coworker,"

"Nice to meet you, Fujisaki-san!" Komaeda smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, you must be Komaeda-kun, right?"

"Mhm, that's me!"

After all the introductions, they began their shift. Hinata sat at a table in the Café, watching Komaeda to make sure he was alright. So far, the customers had all seemed surprisingly polite and sweet. Hinata would have thought there would be more creeps there, but he was glad there weren't. Still, he was ready to kick ass if anyone got their hands on Komaeda. Or any worker, honestly. He wasn't gonna watch someone get harassed.

Luckily for Komaeda, the outfits weren't supposed to show a lot of skin. They were just supposed to look cute and pretty. The skirt ended slightly above Komaeda's knees and the sleeves were short and puffy, which he thought looked nice. There were also socks involved in the uniform. They ended barely under the skirt. The workers had to wear similar shoes you'd wear with a Japanese school uniform. Overall, it wasn't too bad, just really not what Komaeda had expected when Souda asked him for help.

He nervously carried a customer's food and drink towards a table and set it down. "You look familiar," The customer said. It was a girl in a school uniform. She had long, blue hair. "Oh, you're Komaeda-senpai from 77-B, right?"

"Ah... yes, I am. Please don't tell anyone I work here..."

She smiled. "Of course not! I wouldn't wanna embarrass you. Thanks for the food!"

He sighed in relief and told her it was no problem.

During break, Hinata was allowed into the break room to be with Komaeda.

"This outfit is so embarrassing... why don't you work at a normal Café, Souda-kun?"

"It's the only one near my home," He replied. "I'm not enjoyin' this either,"

"It's not that bad!" Fujisaki smiled. "The outfits are petty cute!"

"I'm not a big fan of maid dresses," Komaeda told her.

"Me neither." Souda got up. "I prefer oily jumpsuits,"

"Oily?" Hinata asked.

"He's a mechanic." Komaeda explained, getting up as well. "Our break's over, huh? Then let's go,"

They all began to work again. Nothing much happened over the next days at work, except one incident.

Komaeda was serving a customer as usual.

"Komaeda-San?" The man asked.

"Oh! It's you," Komaeda said, surprised. It was Smith. He was there with another man.

"Nice to see you again. I didn't think you would work at a place like this,"

"I'm just doing this to help out a classmate," He explained.

"How nice of you." Smith smiled.

"Yeah, it really is nice," The other man said. "You look hot in that outfit,"

Komaeda frowned. "Thanks." He glared at the man.

His wrist got grabbed tightly by Hinata.

"Don't talk to him like that," He hissed.

"Ow-! The fuck?!"

Hinata let go of the man's arm. A few minutes later, the man got kicked out. Smith bowed down deeply in front of Komaeda. "I'm very sorry about my brother. My sincerest apologies, Komaeda-san!"

"No need for you to apologize! You didn't do anything,"

"Still, if he won't apologize, I have to." He stood up straight again.

"It's fine, really!"