9 | Cousin

MaryCreepypastas gave me the idea for this chapter! Thanks!

Nagito and his cousin, Sonia were hanging out. Apparently she lived in another country and rarely got to see him.

"Ah, where's your mother, Nagito-kun? I haven't see my aunt in so long..."

"She's at work, sorry. I never get to see her anymore..." He sulked. "She's always gone,"

"I am truly sorry to hear that. Also, who is the man behind you?"

"Oh!" Komaeda smiled. "My bodyguard, Hinata-kun!"

"It is nice to meet you, Hinata-san," she said, smiling.

"Nice to meet you too." He nodded.

They went into Komaeda's room and sat down. For a while, they caught up about their lives. Sonia had a boyfriend, Tanaka. He was in Komaeda's class and, while long-distance relationships were difficult, they loved each other very much.

"And? Have you found anyone, Nagito-kun?" The princess asked, a teasing smile on her face.

Komaeda blushed. "That's-! Uhm! None of your business!"

"Whaaat? But I wanna know!" She giggled.

"No one! I don't like anyone!" He promised.

"Tell me! As the princess of of the kingdom of Novoselic, I demand to know!"

"Hinata-kun! Help me!" Komaedamhid behind him, embarrassed.

"Ah, uh, leave him alone, your, uh... majesty,"

She seemed irritated by that. "You do not seem like a very good bodyguard. I apologize if that is rude, I just wish for my dear cousin to be protected at all costs,"

"Well, you're not an actual threat," He said.

"Oh, trust me, Sonia-san! Hinata-kun could beat up four guys at once! Probably... maybe... I think,"

"Hm." She crossed her arms. Weird. She was so polite before, what was up with her?

Later, the three of them were watching a movie. Hinata had his arm around Komaeda's shoulder. Sonia didn't seem too happy about that. She kept glaring at Hinata.

The next morning, when Sonia went downstairs, Hinata was already up, but Komaeda wasn't. He was eating breakfast. Suddenly, there was a scream coming from upstairs. Hinata ran there as fast as he could, followed by Sonia. They burst into Komaeda's room.

"Komaeda! What's wrong?!"

"Spider!" He pointed at his wall.

Hinata turned around and, indeed, there was a pretty big spider on the wall. Luckily, the brunette wasn't scared of spiders. Mice where a different story though... Anyways! He simply got it to walk onto his hand and then opened the window to let it onto the roof of the house.

"You just let that thing on your hand?!" Komaeda and Sonia shrieked.

"Yeah." He shrugged. "It's just a spider, it can't hurt you,"

"You don't know that!" Komaeda argued, getting off of his bed.

Hinata just laughed. "I'm gonna go wash my hands. You never know what germs are on an animal like that,"

"Alright. And thank you," Komaeda said.

"No problem." Hinata smiled and left.

Sonia turned towards her cousin. "Nagito-kun." She put her hands on her waist.

"Yes?"

"He's unprofessional,"

"How so?"

"Talking to you as if you were friends, cuddling with you," She listed.

"Eh? We are friends,"

"No. He's your bodyguard,"

"And we are friends. Hinata-kun is very nice,"

"I really do hate to pry, but... What if he is simply pretending?"

"Why would he be?"

"Money,"

Komaeda furrowed his eyebrows. "How mean! He wouldn't do that for money! He's my friend!"

"Nagito-kun, I'm sorry, but it might be the reality of things,"

Komaeda exited the room. "It's not true." He walked down the stairs.

"Wait! Please, hear me out!"

"No." He went into the kitchen where Hinata was waiting for him.

"What's up?" Hinata asked.

Sonia crossed her arms. "None of your business,"

"You don't have to be so mean," Komaeda scolded.

She didn't reply and just sat down. Over the course of the day, she kept being rude to Hinata, who had no clue why.

"Sorry about Sonia-san. She's not usually like this, I don't know what's up with her." Komaeda told him as he got into bed.

"It's fine, she doesn't have to like me,"

"She doesn't have to be mean either," The other boy said.

"I really don't care,"

Komaeda crossed his arms. "You should,"