17 | Parents

Cw for homophobia and a ton of stupid gender roles

A few weeks later, Hinata got a message from his mother. They talked for a while and she found out he had a partner. That was bad.

"Uhm... Nagito?" He asked as he walked into his boyfriend's room.

"Yep?" Komaeda looked up from his sketchbook.

"Uh... my mom invited us for lunch tomorrow,"

"Huh? Why?"

"She, uh, said she missed me." He walked closer to him. "I- my dad is gonna kill me if he finds out I'm dating a boy. So can you- I know this is horrible to ask of you, but can you please pretend you're a girl? Just this once!"

Komaeda frowned. "What? Are you serious?"

"I know it's not an easy topic for you, but... please! I promise to pay you back however you want!"

The pale boy put down his pencil. "And how long do you plan on lying to them?"

"I don't know, I just... look, if my dad finds out, he'll probably disown me!"

"But I... I don't wanna pretend to be a girl all over again..."

Hinata cupped his cheek. "I know and I'm so sorry, but I don't know what else to do,"

"F-fine... just this once..." Komaeda muttered.

"Thank you!" Hinata hugged him tightly.

The next day, Komaeda got himself a bra. It didn't feel nice to wear it. He put on a dress too. Usually, he was fine with wearing dresses, but it was different when he did it for this kind of reason.

After a while of driving, they arrived at the house Hinata grew up in.

"Nagito, I... I love you and... I'm very grateful that you're doing this for me." He kissed his cheek and they got out of the car.

Hinata rang the doorbell and squeezed Komaeda's hand, nervous. His mother opened the door with a bright smile.

"Hajime, it's so nice to see you. And you must be his girlfriend, right? It's a pleasure to meet you." She held out her hand and Komaeda shook it.

"Mhm. Nice to meet you too," He said with a voice that was more high than usual.

They went inside and sat down at the table, which was already full of food. Hinata's father sat there too with a serious expression. He looked Komaeda up and down.

"What's your name?" He asked.

'Shit!' Hinata thought, they hadn't talked about that.

"Komaeda... Miyako," He replied.

"I see, it's nice to meet you, Komaeda-san,"

"Nice to meet you too." He nodded.

Hinata's mother spoke up. "So, how did you two meet?"

"At the park," Hinata said. "Miyako dropped hi- her ice cream and I bought her a new one,"

"How sweet!" His mother smiled. "And, do you want to have kids, Komaeda-san?"

He nodded. "At least two,"

"Wonderful! I've always wanted grandchildren!"

"Do you want a job?" Hinata's father asked.

"I'm interested in fashion designing-" He saw a look of disapproval on the older man's face. "But it's more like a hobby,"

"Good. Is this your first relationship?"

Komaeda nodded, smiling.

"Excellent. What kind of man wants someone who's already been used several times?" He laughed.

"What." Komaeda stared at him in disbelief.

"Ahaha, sorry, sorry. It makes sense you wouldn't get man-humor,"

"I'm pretty sure it just wasn't funny, dad. That was gross," Hinata hissed.

"People are so sensitive nowadays, especially women..." He muttered.

"Do you not like women?" Komaeda asked.

"I'm just saying men are superior,"

"Then why did you marry a woman and not a man?"

"Hahaha! You sure are funny!" He laughed and pat his head.

Komaeda frowned. He took a bite of his food. "This tastes really nice! Who made it?"

"My wife, obviously. As if I'd cook!"

The pale boy sighed. "You can't even cook? I don't want an incabale father-in-law,"

"Excuse me?" He hissed.

Hinata squeezed Komaeda's hand. "Sorry about Miyako. She can be a bit mean when she's nervous,"

Komaeda's eyes widened and he glared at Hinata.

"It's probably your time of the month, huh?" His father asked.

"E-excuse me?!" Komaeda shrieked.

"Oh, don't act so surprised. I know how girls are,"

Komaeda gritted his teeth. "I think I should go,"

"Huh? Why?"

"I'm clearly not welcome here." Komaeda got up, but Hinata pulled him back down by his wrist.

"Hey, please just be a bit patient. My dad's not good with manners,"

"But I wanna go home." He crossed his arms.

Hinata's mother spoke up. "For a girl, you complain a lot,"

"And you're wondering why I don't want to be here..."

"Komaeda-san, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were so sensitive. How about we discuss something else? Like your outfit!" Mr. Hinata proposed.

"My outfit?"

"It's fine for today, but from now on I expect you to dress appropriately. I can see your knees and part of your chest,"

"Why are you even looking there?"

"Haha, sorry sorry. It's hard for men to control themselves around pretty women,"

"Shut up." Komaeda hissed.

"Sorry? You don't get to make demands, young lady,"

Komaeda let out an inner sigh. He knew how to get Hinata to agree to leave. All of a sudden, he burst into tears.

"Komaeda-san! What's wrong?" Ms. Hinata asked.

"Y-you're all so mean to me... a-and you keep saying weird th-things... Hajime-kun said you were ni-nice! Why do-don't you like me?"

"Look what you did!" Ms. Hinata hissed at her husband. "Making girls cry is not okay!"

Komaeda held onto Hinata's arm. "I-I wanna go home..."

"Y-yeah, let's go."

They both got into the car and Komaeda whiped his tears. "Hajime, what the heck is wrong with you?!" He yelled.

"Huh? W-weren't you crying?!"

"Can't you stand up to your parents even a little bit?! You- you just let your stupid father say that kind of stuff about me?! Isn't it your job to protect me?!" He shouted at him.

"I know, I-I'm sorry, but... if I said anything, he would've killed me!"

Komaeda crossed his arms. "Just so we're clear, if they ever invite us again, I'm not pretending to be a girl. Either we'll tell them we broke up and then hide our relationship from then on, or they accept the fact that you're into men," He stated. "And this is not up for debate,"