7 | Trust

Hinata was frantically searching for Komaeda. He had been invited to a party by his classmate and it had turned out that someone had put alcohol in the drink he had. Ever since that, Hinata couldn't find him anymore.

He ran to the host of the party, Mioda. "Have you seen Komaeda?!"

"Huh? No, sorry, I'm sure you'll find him!" She smiled.

Hinata could feel himself begin to sweat from the stress. He ran through the whole house but couldn't find him. Then, he got an idea. The bathroom! Maybe he was feeling sick and went there to throw up or something.

He ran inside and, indeed, found Komaeda. There were two people trying to... do something. A boy and a girl.

"C'mon, sugar cube, it'll be fun!" The guy said, obviously drunk.

Komaeda shook his head. "I don't... don't feel good..."

"It'll make you feel amazing!" The girl said.

"I'm not... I'm... uh, I'm gay..." He muttered.

Hinata pushed the guy and girl away.

"Hinata-kun!" Komaeda hugged him tight. The brunette pat his back.

"Let's get you home." He said, picking him up.

"Yeees..."

"Who the hell are you?" The guy asked.

"My boyfriend!" Komaeda yelled. Hinata turned red, but played along. He brought him home and threw the pale boy onto his bed.

"Be gentle with me! You're meeaan..." He told him.

"You should rest now, okay?" Hinata tucked a stand of hair behind his ear. "Good night,"

"Wait... stay here..." He mumbled, tugging on his sleeve.

"You told me you don't want me here while you sleep,"

Komaeda shook his head. "I wanna... cuddle,"

Hinata's cheeks heated up, but he nodded and got into the bed. Komaeda smiled gently and rested his head against Hinata's chest. Hinata brushed his fingers through the other's soft locks. Komaeda sure was bold when he was drunk.

"Good night..."

"Good night, Komaeda." He smiled.

The next morning, Komaeda woke up with a headache and Hinata's arms wrapped around him. "Hmm... Hinata-kun?" He whispered. "Wake up..."

"No... tired..."

"Wake uuup, please!" He shook him slightly. Hinata pulled him back down. "My head hurts!"

Hinata smiled and gently kissed his forehead. Komaeda blushed a dark pink. "Wh-wha... did you kiss me?"

The brunette was obviously extremely tired, so he nodded, grinning at Komaeda. The pale boy had no clue how to react. He had been questioning his relationship with Hinata for a while. He was almost certain he liked him as more than just a friend.

"Hinata-kun... we gotta get up," Finally, Hinata stretched and yawned, sitting up now.

"Fine alright..." He rubbed his eyes.

Komaeda got up and brushed his hair. "My head hurts, Hinata-kun,"

"That was your first time drinking, huh?"

"Yeah. And I'm not doing it again"

"From what I know, you should drink a lot of water, eat bland foods, take painkillers and get rest,"

"Huh?! But I wanted to go to the park today!" He exclaimed.

"We can do that tomorrow." He grabbed Komaeda's hand and lead him back to bed.

The pale boy reluctantly laid down and pulled the covers over his body. Hinata pat his head. "I'll get you the stuff you need, alright?"

"Mhm..."

A few minutes later he came back with crackers, a water bottle and painkillers. "Here, take these first." He handed him one of the pills. Komaeda put it in his mouth and swallowed it with water.

Later, Komaeda's father called Hinata downstairs. He went into the kitchen where the older man was waiting for him. "Hinata-san, nice to see you. I'm gonna get straight to the point, okay? I, uhm-" He looked around left and right. "- am worried that my Nagito is sneaking out at night to do... things,"

"What makes you think so?"

"He has been getting increasingly interested in other boys and suddenly it stopped. The only logical explanation is that he met someone he likes. Or he's... I don't even want to imagine it, but... people your age often tend to... fool around with strangers,"

"I-I highly doubt Komaeda does any of that!" Hinata said, nervously chuckling.

"I will lock the front door at night from now on. I want you to make sure he brings me his housekeys every night, okay? I also want you to tell me if you know about anyone he might be engaging with. Of course, I will pay you more,"

"Look, I... Komaeda's an adult. I don't think he does the stuff you think he does, but even if it's true, it's not harming anyone, right? He can do what he wants, can't he?"

"I am not letting my precious son get involved with random creeps! My wife and I have discussed this and we decided we need to protect him at all costs!"

"Can we talk about this to Komaeda?"

"Hm... if you insist,"

A few minutes later, Komaeda had his covers pulled over his head. He was both angry and embarrassed.

"I am not doing that stuff! Even if I was, I'm a grown man!" He yelled.

"Honey, you're still in high school-"

"I'm 18!" He shouted.

"Sweetheart, I don't mean any harm by this,"

Hinata had left the room after Komaeda had told him he wouldn't speak about it with him around.

"Angel, daddy's just trying to protect you-"

He poked his head out from under the covers. "Did you just say 'Daddy'? I-I'm not a kid anymore!"

"I-I know, but please listen to me, sweetheart,"

"I am not sleeping with random guys!" Komaeda yelled.

"I believe you, I really do, but- ugh, I'm just worried,"

Komaeda crossed his arms. "You don't trust me and you treat me like a child,"

His father pat his head. "I'm simply worried about my dear son! Is that so bad?"

"Can we continue this another time? My head really hurts..."

"Fine, but don't think I'm forgetting about this,"