3 | Dumped

"Komaeda," Hinata whispered. "I have to use the restroom. Will you be alright on your own for a few minutes?"

"Of course." He gave Hinata a thumbs up.

Smith seemed happy that Hinata left for some reason. "Now that we're alone, how about we get a bit more personal?"

Komaeda gulped. "I... what do you mean exactly?"

Smith cupped his cheek. Komaeda turned pink in the face.

"Can I kiss you?"

"I don't really know you..."

Smith smiled. "That's okay." He retracted his hand.

Hinata then came back and sat down.

"Komaeda-san, if you want us to be serious, how about we arrange a date?"

"A d-date? Ahaha..."

"Yes, I can do the organization stuff. You just tell me when and where, alright?"

"I dunno... I've never been on a date,"

"Never? How surprising. You're gorgeous, I can't believe no one ever asked you out,"

"Gorgeous is really... not a fitting description for me,"

"Humble too." He pulled out his phone. "When do you have time?"

"Ah... on Saturdays and Fridays and... I'm free whenever actually, I don't have any hobbies,"

"How about a simple restaurant date? I'll pick you up at six and bring you back home later,"

"Sure..? Okay, yeah..."

"Great. Can I have your adress and phone number then?"

"Mhm." Komaeda grabbed a piece of paper and wrote his info down on it. He wanted to hand it to him, but Hinata grabbed his wrist.

"It's not a good idea to give that to a complete stranger,"

"He's not a stranger though. At least not a complete one,"

Hinata sighed and let go of him.

"There you go." Komaeda said.

"By the way, who is he?" Smith asked.

"Oh, Hinata-kun's my bodyguard,"

"Bodyguard?! Are you some kind of celebrity?"

"Ah, no! Not at all! My dad's just very protective of me,"

"I see. Will he be on our date too?"

"Probably... I'm sorry if that bothers you,"

Smith sighed. "It does, in all honesty. I hate to say it, but I don't think I can be with someone who always has someone else by their side,"

"Huh? Are you saying-"

"I'm saying I don't think this will work out. I'm very sorry. You're a great guy and I enjoy spending time with you, but privacy is important to me,"

"Oh..." He looked down. "I... I understand,"

"Thank you. Maybe I'll see you around, who knows?" He smiled and then left.

Komaeda sighed. "I... I really thought it was gonna work out,"

His father came to pick him up and was shocked to see his son crying. "Nagito, Angel, what happened?!" He ran up to him and held him close.

Komaeda shook his head and sniffled.

"Hinata-san?"

"A guy who had asked him out changed his mind because he didn't always want to have me around,"

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm so sorry," His father said. "I'm sure you'll find someone else,"

They drove home and Komaeda ran into his room. He slammed the door shut and threw himself onto his bed. Hinata knocked on the door and walked inside the room.

"Go away..." Komaeda muttered.

"You're not feeling well,"

Komaeda rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at him, which Hinata easily dodged. "Obviously! So leave me alone!"

Hinata sighed. "Look, I'm sorry that I'm the reason he rejected you. I know that isn't nice,"

"Leave me alone! I wanna go to bed now!"

"You shouldn't go to bed when you're upset, you'll get nightmares." Hinata sat down on his bed.

"Leave me alone! Why aren't you listening? It's your job!"

Hinata pulled him into a hug. At first, Komaeda tried to push him off, but then he accepted the hug. Hinata ran his fingers through Komaeda's soft hair. Eventually, the pale boy fell asleep.