18 | Making up

"Hey, uh, Nagito. How are you feeling today?" Hinata asked.

"Just drive me to school already," Komaeda said.

"I... I'm sorry, alright? I just-"

"I don't wanna hear it." Komaeda got up from his chair and left the apartment.

Hinata hated this. He hated how cold Komaeda acted when he was angry and he hated that he was the reason Komaeda was angry in the first place.

After school, Komaeda packed up his things.

"Komaeda-san," His professor said.

"Yes?"

"You seem upset. Is there a reason for that?"

Komaeda frowned. "There is,"

"Do you want to tell me?"

"I... I'm mad at my boyfriend, but I-I know he's sorry and he's apologized several times, but I'm still mad. And maybe I'm not even mad at him but someone else and I'm letting it out on him which I know isn't fair but I don't know what to do and-"

"Slow down a bit. What happened between you two?"

"His stupid parents hate me for no reason,"

"And?"

"And he just let them humiliate me,"

"In that case, I don't see why you don't see your own feelings as valid. I would be upset too,"

"But he feels really bad and I know why he was scared to speak up so... I really should just get over it,"

"Getting over it isn't easy though, huh?"

"Exaclty,"

His professor put a hand to his chin, "How about you let out your feelings through art?"

"Huh?"

"You could make an outfit inspired by your own emotions, right? That's a healthy way to deal with them,"

Komaeda thought about it for a moment. "You really think so?"

"I do, yes,"

"Then... I'll try it. Thank you, professor!" He smiled and exited the building.

The next day, he took his advice and let out all his emotions through his art. It was more messy than usual, but he still quite liked it.

"Can I take a look, Komaeda-kun?" Shirogane asked.

"Yeah, sure." He handed her the drawing. A couple of minutes later, she gave it back to him.

After school, Hinata picked Komaeda up again. They went home and ate lunch. Komaeda was super hungry and ate a lot of food, which made him tired.

He went into his room to take a nap. Once he woke up, he saw a couple of notifications he got from Instagram. Shirogane had tagged him in a post and he had gotten a few new followers. "Huh?" He tiredly muttered and sat up. He clicked on the post and saw it was a photo of his design from that day, the second slide showed him while he was drawing it.

Komaeda turned bright red in embarrassment. Shirogane had just posted a picture of him!!

Immediately, he ran into Hinata's room. The brunet looked very much confused. Komaeda hurried towards him and hid his face in his chest.

"Is everything okay?" Hinata asked.

"Shirogane-san posted a super embarrassing photo of me!" He yelled.

"What?" Hinata frowned. "Can I see?"

Komaeda showed him the post and Hinata sighed.

"How's that embarrassing? You look good, like always,"

"I do?"

"Of course." Hinata hugged him. "Hey... are we on good terms again now?"

Komaeda put a hand to his chin. "Do you promise to always do your job from now on?"

Hinata cupped his cheeks. "I do. It's my duty as your boyfriend and bodyguard after all,"