This Is It.

This is it. The moment we have been training and working for, the mission. Standing on the boat on the lower deck, surrounded by admirals and generals and other members of staff. Everyone stood at post, looking at Maverick giving us the before battle speech. My chest was tight, it was as if I was drowning. All I was begging for in my head, was that Maverick was going to keep promise of my wish.

"It has been an honour flying with you. Each one of you, represents the best of the best. This is a very specific mission, my choice is a reflection of that and nothing more. Falcon will be your team leader on this mission." Maverick stated, watching some side glances land on me. Admiral Beau spoke up.

"Choose Falcons two foxtrot teams."

"Payback and Fanboy, Phoenix and Bob." Maverick announced, letting out a little sigh. Phoenix and I shared a small smile towards one another.

"And Falcons wingman?" Beau questioned, making me hold my breath again.

"Rooster." Maverick looked right at me, feeling my whole entire being shake. I whispered under my breath.

"No." Mavericks eyes didn't leave my glance, he knew that I asked him to keep Rooster out of this. Not as a request under my job, as request of being his daughter.

"The rest of you will stand by on the carrier for any reserve role that's required." Admiral Bates came forth. "Dismissed." Standing still, I watched as everyone came around each other. Wishing them luck and congratulating them for being chosen, watching Hangman give me a respectful nod. I gave a shy smile, as I got brought into a tight hug by Rooster. Wrapping my arms around him, I sunk into him as if we were moulded.

"We're in this till the end of the line, remember?" Rooster kissed the top of my hand, looking up at him. I looked at him confused. "I know you would've asked Maverick to make me sit this out, I explained to him and Phoenix and Bob did aswell. How we are meant to be fighting side by side. How you and I work way better together then anyone else here being paired with you." Rooster confessed.

"Just wanted to keep you safe." I explained, he smiled.

"I know, but you're not getting rid of me that easily."