Meet Your Captain.

"Attention on deck!" Was yelled as we all stood up at our tables, watching as the Admirals walked in. Admirals gave me a glare, which confused me.

"You may be seated." The darker skinned admiral stood at the stand, following his order. I sat beside Rooster, Looking over to him, I smiled as he was smiling at the admiral. "I'm Admiral Bates, I am not a commander." He explained as I looked back towards him. "You all are Top Gun graduates, the elite. Success, now more then ever. Comes down to the man or woman in the box." Hangman looked behind him to look at Phoenix, who gave a sneaky bird gesture under the Admirals eye. Hangman then looked over to Rooster and I, as I done the same. "His exploits are legendary."

Everyone heard incoming foot steps, looking behind me. I took in a sharp breath as I realised who it was. "Maverick." I whispered under my breath as I rolled my eyes back to Admiral Bates. Wondering to myself how this guy is going to help us against 5th generation fighters.

"And he is considered to be the finest pilot this program has ever produced. I give you Captain Pete Mitchell, call sign; Maverick." Admiral Bates took a step aside as Maverick joined us at the front of the room behind the stand. Looking beside me, my eyes softened at the glare that Rooster produced towards Maverick. Knowing the back story between the two, under the radar. I placed my hand on Roosters thigh for comfort, feeling the anger literally radiate off of him.

"Good morning." Maverick smiled around the room. He spotted Rooster and I, folding my arms. Maverick looked away from us. "The F-18 Naytops, it contains everything they want you to know about your aircraft. I'm assuming you guys know this book inside and out?" He questioned for the room.

"Damn right."

"Damn straight."

"You got it." Went around the room confidently, we all went silent as we watched Maverick slam dunk the book in the bin beside him.

"But what the enemy doesn't know, is your limits. I intend to find them, Today we'll start with what you only think you know." Mavericks eyes landed on me. "You show me what you are made of."

The team spread out and gathered their gear and headed for their aircrafts,  Bradley and I walked together. Side by side, enjoying the sun in our faces with our helmets hanging beside us. A running voice chased us from behind.

"Bradley! Aria!" Mavericks voice called out from behind us. "Bradshaw! Blackwood!" We ignored again. "Lieutenant Bradshaw and Blackwood!" We came to a stop, glaring at one another as we turned to Maverick.

"Let's not do this like this, I also need to talk to you in private Aria." Maverick looked between us.

"You're gonna wash us out?" Rooster asked, Maverick then understood that his daughter knew what happened.

"That'll be up to you two, not me." Maverick replied.

"Am I dismissed?" Rooster and I questioned at the same time.

"Aria, please we will need to have a chat after this activity. You two are dismissed." Rooster giving me a gentle push, we walked away from Maverick. We both let out a shaky sigh.

"Why in the hell does he want to have a chat with you?" Rooster quizzed.

"I have no idea, honestly." I then decided to make a joke. "Maybe he is going to confess that he's my long lost dad." I laughed it off as I playfully punched his arm.

"Aria." Rooster stopped to face me.

"I'm sorry." I looked up at him through the shades.

Across from the two lovebirds chatting, Hangman watched them interact and how he could pick up on tension between the two.
"Looks like trouble in paradise." A scoff came off of Bob and Phoenix.

"When will your crush with Falcon come to and end, those two are practically married." Bob commented.

"That little spunk will cave in one day." Hangman evilly grinned to himself.

"Only in your dreams loverboy. Falcon is all Roosters, try and compete with that." Phoenix patted his shoulder as she walked past him. Phoenix and Falcon have always had a close relationship, it was more of a sisterly bond more then anything. She glared over to the two who continued their walk to their respected aircrafts. She did to become slightly curious on what might be going down.