Prove Them Wrong.

Death can be beautiful, even though the ones left behind are the ones dealing with the grief and sadness of their loved one passing. It brought peace to me knowing that Iceman was no longer in pain. Looking to my father standing by Iceman's coffin, saluting him. I sighed heavily, knowing how much they meant to one another.

Coming back to base after the service, I walked past the Admirals office. Hearing him talking to Mavericks, I pressed my ear against the door. Curious on what they were discussing.

"Sir, they have to believe that this mission can be flown." Maverick said to Admiral.

"And all you've managed to do, teach them that it can't." Admiral replied.

"Sir-." Admiral cut off Mav.

"You're grounded Captain...permanently." Admiral stated to Maverick, feeling a spark form in my stomach. I muttered to myself.

"Not if I have anything to say about it." Storming off, I made my way to my new F-18. Hiding around corners and hiding from guards, the adrenaline in me kicked in as I sprinted to my aircraft. Jumping in, I flicked the switches and took off in a blast. Setting my Nav to the layout plan of the mission, I connected myself to base so everyone who would be in a meeting right now could also hear me.

Back in the meeting room where Admiral described the new plan to the team, he noticed a certain someone missing from Roosters side.

"Where is Lieutenant Blackwood?" He asked, as a beeping sound surrounded the room. On the screen behind the younger Admiral, showed the young blooded descendant of Maverick flying the marked out course. Rooster sat forward in his seat, wondering what his Falcon was planning to do here.

"Falcon to range control, entering point alpha." Falcons voice came through the speakers, everyone gasped as they turned to Rooster. His eyes were peeled onto the screen, his heart picked up speed. Anxiety of possible outcomes.
"Confirm green range."

"Range control... uhhh, green range is confirmed. I don't see an event scheduled for you." Range control replied.

"Well, I'm going anyway." Falcon stated, as front row. Falcons best friend, Phoenix, smiled.

"Nice."

"Setting time to target, 2 minutes and 15 seconds." Falcon set as it popped up on screen aswell, the boys begun to chat amongst each other.

"2:15? That's impossible." Payback spoke up, everyone stayed quiet. Hangman stared at the Admiral eyeing off every move that Falcon made.

"Final attack point, Falcons inbound." Everyone going silent, all eyes were on the screen. Watching Falcon push through the course at crazy speed, moving as if limits didn't exist for her. It was impressive, impressive enough for the younger admiral to mutter to himself.

"You are your fathers daughter."

Falcon pushed up and flipped to go down the incline inverted, she headed for the target as she made herself up right. She marked the target down as if it was nothing, releasing the missile. Everyone sat at the edge of their seats.

"Bombs away." They heard Falcon mutter to herself. Pulling straight up, with less then 7 seconds left on the clock. Few of the members in the room stood up, nervous as she slowly started creeping to 10Gs. The display showed the target exploding, Fanboy cheered at the top of his lungs.

"Bullseye! Holy shit!"

As cheers filled the room, Rooster sat there with himself. Smiling as he whispered. "That's my girl."

"Damn." Hangman was impressed, so was both Admirals in the room. Admiral Beau stood there conflicted, he knew that Mavericks daughter was looking out for him.

As I landed, I gulped as I spotted Admiral Bates and Beau. Waiting for me with folded arms, I jumped down as they approached me.

"Admirals." I saluted them.

"Lieutenant, get yourself sorted. I want you in my office ASAP." Beau ordered, giving him a nod. He stormed off as Bates said softly to me.

"Very impressive."

"Thank you sir." I smiled at him, watching him walk off himself. Brushing myself off, I got myself organised as I headed to the Admirals office. I saw maverick stand there with them, raising an eyebrow as I closed the door behind me, Mav gave me a small smile. Beau was looking out the window as Bates stood beside my father. Walking up and standing beside Mav, Beau begun his speech.

"Lieutenant Blackwood, you have put me in a difficult position... on the one hand, you have demonstrated that the mission can be flown. Perhaps the only way it can be survived. On the other hand, you did it by stealing a multimillion dollar military aircraft and flying it in such a manner that it may never be airworthy again. Iceman is no longer here to protect the both of you, I have everything I need to have you court-martialed and dishonourably discharged. So what do I do? Risk the lives of my pilots and perhaps the success of this mission... or... risk my career. By appointing you team leader?" Beau looked back at me as I stood there shocked, looking to Mav who looked at me with proudness in his eyes. I looked back at Beau.

"Sir-."

I was about to speak up, as Bates placed a hand on my shoulder

I was about to speak up, as Bates placed a hand on my shoulder. Settling me down from my excitement.

"I think the admiral is asking a rhetorical question, Lieutenant." Giving a nod, I stood still. I took in a sharp breath, coming to the realisation of my new responsibility.

"And so, brings Maverick back on the mission. You are lucky that you have your fathers blood in you."