The One With The Real Truth

Start from the beginning

Jenna squeezed her niece's hand until Emily looked up at her. "It's not your fault," the Sommers vampire slowly uttered to make sure Emily knew that she wasn't upset with her.

Jenna let out a heavy sigh before she uttered, "and as much as I want to hate Stefan for this, I know it wasn't his fault." The Sommers vampire shook her head before she stated, "I know it was because of Klaus."

Emily let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding. The Radkova witch, of course, knew it wasn't her fault but she still felt responsible because Stefan is her boyfriend. However, despite that, Emily was glad that her aunt didn't have this new found hatred for Stefan because of it.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Emily gently asked her aunt as she squeezed the Sommers vampire's hand, "anything to help?" Emily hated sitting back when someone she loved was hurting. Emily just wanted to help in anyway she could.

Jenna brought her hand up to her niece's face and lightly tapped Emily's cheek with a soft chuckle. "I'm okay," the Sommers vampire assured Emily once more before she added, "I just need a few days and then I'll be fine."

"Alright," Emily murmured in understanding before she leaned over and placed a soft kiss onto her aunt's forehead. "I'm here if you need anything," the Radkova witch reminded Jenna before she stood back up to her full height.

The Saltzman vampire hunter silently watched Emily return to her spot beside her twin sister before he became curious from the way it looked like something else was on the sisters' minds.

"What are you girls doing here today?" Alaric inquired as he relaxed back against the couch with his hand resting on the Sommers vampire's thigh underneath the blue blanket. "You usually don't come until Sunday night when you need your laundry done," the Saltzman hunter joked.

"Actually, we came to talk to you," the human one of the Gilbert twins informed Alaric.

"Oh?" The Saltzman hunter asked in surprise. Alaric removed his hand from his girlfriend's thigh and pushed the blanket from his body before he sat at the edge of the couch. "What do you need?" Alaric curiously asked as he glanced between the two sisters.

"Memphis," Emily simply uttered.

The Saltzman hunter nervously scratched the side of his neck as he asked, "uh, what about it?"

"We need to know everything you found in Memphis," Emily requested, "and anything else you know about what Stefan has been doing over the summer."

Alaric quickly shook his head in disagreement. "Uh-uh. I don't think so," the Saltzman hunter muttered before he stated, "it's too dangerous for you guys to get involved."

Emily rolled her green eyes. "When hasn't anything not been dangerous in our lives?" The Radkova witch asked Alaric with a raise of her eyebrow. There was no point in hiding this information from them. They've been involved since the moment Emily was born and she became Darina's doppelganger and the next Protector of the Innocence.

"Damon won't tell us anything," Elena informed the Saltzman vampire hunter before she uttered, "you're our next best option."

"You should listen to your boyfriend, then," Alaric muttered to the human one of the two Gilbert sisters as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"That's not an option, Ric," the Gilbert girl argued. Elena slid her fingers through her sister's hand and gave it a comforting squeeze before Elena confidently stated, "we have to find Stefan and help him."

Alaric let out a heavy sigh before he shook his head. "It's not a good idea," the Saltzman hunter mumbled. "Stefan is completely off the rails," Alaric stated before he advised, "it would be stupid of you guys to go looking for him. It's not safe."