5 | for the rest of your life

Start from the beginning

"What is so funny? I mean it! I will become a splendid ninja by using Taijutsu alone!" He was furious compared to the brown-haired ones reaction.

"Don't be dumb, the teachers at the academy weren't congratulating you for  graduating only using Taijutsu, it's only because they sought it unusual."

The messy-haired one couldn't offer a rebuttal, instead taking a few steps back.

"That leaves us with you, what's your goal?" Guy turned toward you, smile still present on his face.

"Well," You looked away from your to bickering teammates. You had originally come here to become a full-fledged Ninja of the Leaf, but apart of you believed people already accepted you as one. You put your hand on your ninja band. "I want to carry on the legacy of the [Lastname] clan. I want to be strong enough so that my clan can be recognized indiviually in both the Sand and Leaf." You decided that was a noble cause, and seeing as Lee looked happy about your sudden change in aspiration, it was a good reason.

Might Guy hummed, nodding his head before he offered the three of you a thumbsup. "All good reasons for becoming a Ninja!" He started, now smiling. "If you've got the passion, then you could make any of those a reality. Working your butts off is what it'll take!"  He pointed his thumb toward himself, smiling. "And as your Sensei from today onward for the rest of your lives... I will make sure you all reach your goal."

You glanced from your teacher toward Lee - who looked overly awestruck at what Guy had just said. You continued and the two before you came to a single conclusion; the two of them were very similar. If you knew how right you'd be in the distant future, you'd call yourself a fortune teller.

"Now. I want you all to meet me out at the training fields of Konoha, field three. Quickly!" And like that, he disappeared. Jounin always made their difficultly earned skills look so easy.

Lee was the first to move - quickly running down the stairs of the building you were on. You looked over at your other teammate, Neji. Despite being in the same class, the two of you never talked much. He looked back at you, face stoic as you made eye contact. You always thought the Hyuugas eyes were interesting, they looked as if they were always in a state of Kekkei Genkai, unlike your Poltigan. Or something like the Sharingan.

He didn't say anything, instead, he stood - following after Lee. It wasn't long before you got up yourself, following the two of them down to the training fields. You didn't often find yourself at these fields, instead resorting to the one you and Lee would go to. But there were times you accompany Naruto here, helping him practice his clone Jutsu. Which didn't improve much.

Once you made it to the field, your two teammates were already conversating. Not a good conversation, you assumed, based off of Lees defensive stance.

"A Kekkei Genkai that give's you the ability to see ghosts is hardly impressive, more of a nuisance." Neji scoffed, arms folded to state his case. His thoughts were geniune, if he had the ability to see ghosts instead of something useful like his Byakugan, he wouldn't take to much pride in that.

Lee was quick to come to your defense, "I disagree! I can only begin to imagine the great possibilities! She can be taught ancient lost techniques! Bring peace to families! She even told me my guardian angel! It is so awesome!"

"No one's even heard of the '[Lastname]' clan, no one would even begin to to believe that she can actually see ghosts." He retorted, side-eyeing Lee.

"That is not true! Her clan is very well known in the Sand! Please Neji, do not be ignorant!" Lee reprimanded. "Would you not be angry if someone doubted the abilities of your clan?"Your eyes shot between the two of them as they continued to argue over your clan.