𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝟯𝟵

Fatality 39 : It Takes Two To Tango

"Why did you do that, [Name]-kun?"___

___
.
.

 As I feel my thoughts running wild, I could feel my head's about to burst out from the overload. Meeting Mikey in this state is a foolish choice. Maybe at least I could understand him properly, or even pay attention to him closely to finally turn the gears in my head. But what did I do? I was too immersed in the chaos the future holds that I failed to notice that he was suffering.

Draken was right, Mikey was just a boy who bears way too many responsibilities. A fifteen year-old kid that couldn't handle his feelings properly was forced to bear the burden of a leader.

"How could I be so ignorant" I tilted my head to the side, avoiding that despairing gaze that was burning through my skull. "I failed to save Hina again.. but why did meeting him make it so damn painful.." my heart clenched at the thought, adding more regrets that my consciousness couldn't possibly hold any longer.

"I could finally meet Mikey.."

A faint glimpse of a person walking closer was the last thing I noticed. A relatively tall person with a white shirt and black jacket wrapped around their waist was slowly approaching us. Their face were hidden behind the shadow of the upper floor above us, showing only their lower body with hands stuffed inside their pockets. Looking from their posture and body proportions, they looked like an adult man. I could barely make it to his face, but I surely know that piece of metal on his forearm. Just where.. did I see them?

".. when did it turn out to be like this?"

He smiled.

While I couldn't keep my rationality in its place, there was one thing I won't ever forget. Those fragments of the past that I left away as I went to the future were the only remaining things that I refused to erase from my mind.

And that smile.. how could I ever forget.

The man's facial features slowly became clearer as he walked closer. We were only a few meters apart, but the suffocating atmosphere is still there. It's as if there was a sudden strong gravitational force pulling us down even more, making it unbelievably heavy to breathe.

But before I could recognize the reflected light on his hand, a deafening sound stopped my beating heart.

I feel the weight above me slightly lifted as Mikey's body flinched from the sudden force on his left shoulder. At that time, both of us couldn't fully comprehend what happened. Until the continuous shot was coming at the black haired man soon after the first.

His body jolted as a bullet pierce on his lower right abdomen. Then, the next is his right arm before he delivers the last blow to his head.

When it happens, it feels like time is frozen.