𝗙𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝟬𝟱

.

.

.

.

“Now you sound like a kidnapper”

_______________

The video played, showing the crowded lift in one of the buildings with worker officers always filling up the space. That lift is always open to the public, of course. But there aren't many people beside the workers that use it without a reason to do their work.

It started playing at the time where people came out of the lift on the first floor, and stopped right on the minutes 15:17:39. The cursor moved to point at a certain person that was coming out the latest. "Did you see him? Do you think you recognized him somehow?"

He pointed at the guy with a black stripped white jacket and blue cap that can be seen clearly blended well with his surroundings, with the cap slightly tipped up without showing his whole face. Takemichi squinted his eyes to take a better look at him, trying to remember someone with a similar appearance as the person before shaking his head helplessly.

There are many people with a similar figure as him, but without the full appearance, he can't be sure about that yet.

Naoto squinted his eyes in distress before clicking the playing button and—  once again playing the security camera recorder. "Yesterday, someone hacked into our main system. We didn't know what the hacker's plan to make them didn't fully cover up their traces, but one of the signals is coming from this office building"

"It could be another person. Why does it have to be him?"

"We have identified the track of everyone inside there at that time. Everyone works like how it used to except for him. He is a missing piece in our system"

The video played back a few minutes from when it opened on the seventh floor, and multiple people were coming in, filling up the empty space. Both Naoto and Takemichi didn't take their eyes off the screen to avoid any small mistakes.

Nothing seemed out of ordinary as the people inside didn't act suspicious or out of control. So far, nothing meaningful has happened.

Then the video showed how it stopped moving on the first floor and letting all the people inside come out of there. Just like before, the exact same scene was shown on the screen.

The previous black stripped jacket man came out the last as he slightly tipped up his hat, and glancing at the security camera— as if he knew someone would look through the camera. Takemichi's eyes widened frantically as he hurriedly slammed his hand on the table and snapped his head towards Naoto— who became fully surprised at the action.