Nick worries about Charlie

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been a bit MIA. Here's just a short thing - who wants more Nick and David angst? Kinda fun to write.

Tw: Conflict and shouting but it all works out in the end :)

It had been a couple of hours since Charlie said he was going to get to the party. It wasn't like Charlie to go to these things and Nick had tried to persuade him to him go too.

"Just to make sure you're safe" Nick had said, but Charlie had dismissed him. Saying that he was old enough to look after himself and that he was allowed to do things on his own.

Nick had messaged Charlie, telling him to let him know when he got there but he hadn't replied. For a little while he thought it was because they had that argument before they left and this was Charlie rebelling. By making Nick worry about him for a while. But it had been 2 hours now and something told Nick that he should be worried.

So he started to pace around his room. Then he sat back down and tried to watch some Netflix. Telling himself he was just a worrier and everything was alright.

"You're not worrying about your gay boy boyfriend, are you?" David asked coldly, letting himself into Nick's room
"Get out!" Nick immediately retorted, getting up defensively. Ready to defend himself.
"Alright, alright" David put both his hand up in surrender and sneered, "Just don't want anything bad to happen to him, that's all" He said suggestively which really got Nick's back up.

What if David had hurt Charlie?

"What do you mean?" Nick snapped, his nerves were balancing on a thin thread.
"Nothing, nothing" David sneered again and this time Nick went for him.

He surprised himself by his actions and was shocked to find that he had caught David off guard and both of them were on the floor.

"What the fuck?!" David shoved Nick off him
"What have you done to Charlie?!" Nick growled, his voice was deep and hoarse. He got up and stood over David while he got up.

David got really annoyed now and was towering over Nick, "I haven't touched the fucker!" He bellowed.

Both of them snapped their heads towards the door as they heard their mum coming up the stairs.

"I don't believe you!"

Tears were pricking Nick's eyes now.

David laughed, a horrible, evil laugh, "Are you actually crying?!"
Nick wiped his cheeks self-consciously as if the tears had already fallen.

"You're pathetic" David scoffed before leaving the room, "Nothing's going on, mum!" He snapped as he met his mum on the landing.

"Nick?" Sarah called cautiously
"Everything's fine, mum" Nick said, trying his best to keep his voice strong.

He knew his mum hated how much him and his brother fought. She had probably come up to diffuse it any way she could.

"Charlie's here" She responded, coming into the room. She pretended not to notice the tears that had now fallen down her son's face, "I didn't want to let him in just yet because-"
"Thanks mum" Nick cut her off, budging past her to get down the stairs and to the door.

Sure enough, Charlie was on the doorstep looking a little worn out.

"Charlie" Nick spoke carefully, relieved that his boyfriend was okay.
"Sorry" Charlie muttered, trying to hold back tears
"It's okay, come 'ere" Nick pulled Charlie into a hug which Charlie accepted

"I don't know what I was thinking" Charlie continued, burying his face into Nick's shoulder
"Did you have a good time?"
"I didn't go"

They pulled away.

"What?" Nick was confused, Charlie was so adamant about going before.
"I stayed at home'
"Why didn't you reply to my messages?"
"I dunno, I just-"
"It's okay" Nick reassured him because it really was. He pulled him into a hug again and just relished in the feeling of Charlie being in his arms again.

"Are you coming in?" Nick offered, gesturing into the hall
"No, I better get home. I heard you and David-"
"He's a dickhead" Nick interrupted and Charlie was taken back by Nick's language
"I don't have an older brother so I wouldn't know" Charlie joked, trying to make light of an obviously tense situation
"I'll walk you home" Nick told him, moving back into the hall to get his shoes by the side of the door.

Don't forget to vote x sorry it's short!

Heartstopper oneshots/ requestsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें