Nick protects you from Harry

This is short and not the best, but it's sweet haha

You were sat with your group of friends; Tao, Charlie and now Nick who was new to the group. It wasn't that you disliked Nick, it was just that you hadn't spoken to him and, as far as you knew, you didn't have anything in common.

Everyone was getting along well and you chose the opportunity to get up to put your empty juice bottle and chocolate bar wrapper in the bin. Which was just a short distance away from the picnic bench you were all sitting at on the school field.

As you got to the bin, however, you were greeted by Harry who had all of his mates standing behind him.

"Look who it is" He sneered, looking behind him and his mate laughed, "The one who stole Nick from us"
You didn't say anything so Harry continued, "Why is Nick hanging around you lot now?"
You were frozen to the spot.
"Are you a fucking mute or something?" Harry laughed horribly and it made your insides turn, "Nick's meant to be our mate"

What you didn't know was that Nick had spotted what was going on and had started walking towards you.

"Back off!" He shouted out as he got closer. You immediately looked round at Nick and he didn't look happy.
"Here he is!" Harry laughed again which meant that all his mates followed suit
"What's your problem?" Nick moved even closer to Harry and you stepped back, sinking into the background, "Are you jealous that I'm with them and not you" Nick took another step towards Harry so that now, he was looking down on him, "Because I'll tell you something, they're a lot better company than you were" Nick said so spitefully, Harry had nothing to say.

"Leave them alone!" Nick bellowed in a way you didn't think was possible for a 16 year old.

Without saying another word, Harry and his group walked away.

"Are you okay?" Nick as soon as they were out of ear shot
"Yeah" You tried to sound convincing, but your voice was small.

You hated confrontation; there was something about it that made you feel like you could burst into tears.

"Hey" Nick mumbled quietly, sensing you were uneasy. He enveloped you in a hug, "I don't think they'll be bothering you again" He said into your ear as you hugged.

Although you didn't say anything, you smiled appreciatively. Even if Nick couldn't see it.

"Get a room you two!" Tao called out from the table which made you both laugh.

"Come one" Nick outstretched his hand for you to take, which you did and you swung your hands in between you both just to annoy Tao. It worked, he was rolling his eyes.