Lunch in the art classroom

There's a boy in there... waiting for you.. 😂

bnhanerd12 - hope you like it! You gave me a vague brief so I ran with it. Lemme know what you think!
"Hey!" Charlie beamed.
Nick was sitting at their usual table waiting for him. Meeting up at lunchtime in the empty art classroom had become a bit of a recurring thing since Nick had pretty much fallen out with his friends.

"Hi" Nick's face lit up as Charlie walked towards the table, "You're not getting bored of hanging out with me then?" He smirked slightly because he already knew the answer.
"Of course not!"

Charlie sat down in his usual seat just across from Nick and reached out his hand under the table. Almost immediately, Nick's hand was in his and he smiled and the touch.

"Although I think I'm gonna have to sit with Tao a bit more, he's getting a bit fed up with me disappearing all the time"
Nick's face dropped a bit, he hated himself for wanting to be so secretive with Charlie. If he didn't care what anybody else thought he'd happily walk outside right now holding Charlie's hand and kiss him in front of the whole school. But Nick wasn't ready for that and Charlie respected that.

"You should sit with us!" Charlie quickly added, seeing Nick's change in expression, "They won't mind!" He continued, squeezing Nick's hand reassuringly.
"Okay, yeah" Nick hesitated a little, but he did want to and if Harry had a problem so what? Charlie's just a friend.

Nick looked down at the table; he didn't want Charlie to just be a friend. He wanted people to know they were more than just platonic BFF's, but the thought of it terrified him at the same time.

"Hey" Charlie squeezed Nick's hand again and Nick looked up, "If you don't want to, it's completely fine. I don't want you to-"
"No, I want to" Nick cut him off and held Charlie's hand with both of his, "Your friends are way nicer than mine" He forced a smile.
"That's sorted then" Charlie returned the smile, "We won't have to keep using Mr Ajayi's classroom anymore"
Nick's face dropped again, "Oh, I don't know if we should-"
"Hold hands in public" Charlie finished his sentence for him and Nick looked down at the table again.
"It's not that I don't want to I just-"
"It's fine, honestly" Charlie squeezed Nick's hand again in an effort to reassure him
"It's not though, I should be able to hold my boyfriend's-" Nick stopped talking mid-sentence and he could feel the heat rising to his cheeks, did he really just say that?
Charlie didn't say anything at first which only made Nick's heart race even faster.

"So I'm your boyfriend?" Charlie asked quietly, he tried to hide his smirk but failed.
"I didn't mean to-"
"So, I'm not your boyfriend?" Charlie's smirk immediately dropped
"No! I mean- yes" Nick rushed out, pulling Charlie's hand closer to him, "I-I just wanted to ask you properly"
"You haven't actually asked me yet" Charlie's smirk returned which made Nick smile.
"Okay, then" Nick took a breath in before he spoke, "Charlie Spring, do you want to be my boyfriend?" He said it in a tone that sounded like he was asking Charlie to marry him.
"I would love to be your boyfriend" Charlie beamed.

Nick laughed, partly in relief at Charlie's response and partly because they were so awkward and sweet.

"Why are we like this?" Charlie laughed now
"I don't know" Nick smiled and his eyes were full of love.

"I'm sorry I can't be out just yet"Nick said, his face becoming suddenly more serious
"Stop apologising!" Charlie laughed a little
"But this is like when you and Ben-"
"This is nothing like that - you are nothing like that" Charlie corrected himself, but Nick didn't look convinced so Charlie continued, "You asked if I wanted to be your boyfriend for a start, I was never official with him" Charlie thought back to all the secret meetings in the library and the music room, "Actually, once he actually told me that we definitely weren't boyfriends - he was so confusing" Charlie thought aloud.

He'd absentmindedly looked down at the table in thought and when he looked back up to Nick he saw he was wearing a worried expression.
"He mostly leaves me alone now though" Charlie added more cheerily to make sure Nick didn't worry about him, "And you're not like him" Charlie repeated and he wanted Nick to know just how much he meant those words.

Nick was different. He knew that. Whether his friends and Nick himself knew that was a different matter.

My brain is fried from doing loads of website work today, so probs won't be another update today. Sorry ://