Right answers?

Requested by: kynyav

Summary:

Knowing what the right answer is, and phrasing it out loud, is two completely different things.

Todoroki knows what he wants- and what's way beyond his comfort zone. His classmates try to push him beyond that, but how can he tell his classmates no when 'no', has never been an option?

===

Some of his classmates had... invited him, to some of their little activities, even as they knew that it was way beyond his usual self. Both boys and girls from his class, seemed to find it awfully entertaining to watch him try new things. He didn't have anything against it, as it started small-

--

Sato had asked him to help bake a cake for the class. Something they all realised a long time ago, was something that should always be considered out of the question...

It started well, as he quickly found himself, just walking back and fourth between cabinets, as he retrieved multiple supply's for Sato. He didn't have anything against it, as he knew how bad of a cook he is... and that it would probably be a fire hazard, to even have him in the kitchen to begin with...

He hadn't tried to deny Sato's request of help, as it was actually something he really wanted to know more about... Not that he would ever agree with that...

But the small cooking incident, quickly escalated to more of his classmates either asking for- help or assistance, like when-

--

Kaminari asked for help with his math homework.

Todoroki hadn't had anything against it, and reluctantly agreed to help the blonde... until he came to the realization, that Kaminari weren't going to learn anything, and instead just handed his homework to someone else.

He wanted to say, that he hadn't helped Kaminari with stuff like that since... but he just couldn't seem to mutter the words, that his head was telling him to.

--

Then there was the incident with Mina..

She had asked Todoroki, if he wanted to help her with a new hobby, that she seemed to have caught onto. And it seemed fine at first, until the makeup was brought out infront of him- What had he done to deserve this..?

The makeup in it's usual self, was more than enough to cross his personal boundaries- though he would never tell Mina that... Todoroki had bitten down the uncomfortable feeling, that was building up inside his stomach, as Mina began readying all of her supply's on the ground.

And just as he felt like he could go through with it, Mina touched his face with a wet sponge, and all of his walls crumbled just before his eyes, as memories from his old middle school days, seemed to replay in his mind, over and over again.

Those days... they always seemed to remind him just how much, he actually despised his scar..

--

"Hey. You wanna help me, with something, Todoroki?" Yaoyorozu had asked one day, and he hadn't found anything out of the ordinary, about her request. Maybe she really just wanted some help?

He later regretted it, as he found himself surrounded by his laughing classmates, while the dress he wore, sat uncomfortably on his shoulders. He never helped Yaoyorozu since... not sure if he even trusted himself to be alone with her...

...

"You know, that you don't have to say 'yes' to everything, that they ask of you, right?" Midoriya said, as he and Todoroki sat opposite of each other on one of the couches- both of their backs being against one of the armrests.