Different comfort

Requested by: SaumyaPaul9

Summary:

Through hardships and abuse, everyone needs an outlet. In this case, a young boy finds his, in the beauty of ice skating. And while having this outlet puts some sort of comfort to his everyday life, he also tends to keep this from his classmates, which just may end up having worse consequences than he had anticipated at first.

===

"Can you hang out after school?"

"Are you free?"

"Are you joining us later?"

Those were the usual questions coming from his classmates and friends, yet his only and every answer to all of them, always seemed to be the same- "No"

Why would he be free to hang out with them, when he could do something only he enjoyed? He had always liked being alone, so why shouldn't he be exploring the numberrous of things that he could do alone?

When he were just seven years old, and everything seemed way too much for his childish mind, Shoto found his safeplace in ice skating. Something he knew his father despised... he had a fire quirk, why would he ever like the idea of his son doing ice skating? Somehow this unique thing, was what kept Shoto alive and living- 'cause even when he could barely stand on his feet, after a harsh training session, Shoto would always go to the ice rink, or even go as far as to create a small ice layer on his floor, in the desperate need of forgetting and just skating.

He found comfort in doing the one thing that he knew his father couldn't stop him from. How would he? Even if he locked him up somewhere, Shoto still had his quirk and could easily just make a small layer of frost... he didn't need much space either...

So even to this day, almost ten years later, Shoto still kept to this hobby of his- to do what he's always loved. He hadn't cared much for friendships when he entered this school, and though that opinion has changed now, he still cared more about skating than going to the mall or watching a movie.. they've just never seemed appealing to him.. but maybe that's where he went wrong...

"Why can't you be with us every once in a while?" Uraraka asked as she crossed her arms- seemingly looking at him with furrowed eyes. Why was it that big of a deal?

"I just have other things to do"

He answered, trying to push through her, only to be bounced back by Iida who suddenly joined the brunette by the door- "Sensei's not very happy about it either. He doesn't like the fact that you leave the dorms without telling us, where you're going"

Why? Why did it matter where he went? Why do they care?

"I'm just going for a walk, why is it a big deal?" It wasn't until Iida then answered, that Shoto didn't know how to protect his secret-

"For five hours? I don't even think athletes walk for that long"

Right... he always forgets the time when he's skating...

Iida and Uraraka were staring him down by the door- slowly gaining more and more attention from their other classmates.. he just needs some sort of excuse.. anything... "I need to visit my house. I can't visit without telling you about it?"

This answer seemed to shut the other two up, who suddenly moved away from the door.

He knew the lie wasn't ideal... Midoriya could easily just call his sister if needed, and the school could end up calling his father, if he isn't back before the ideal time...