thirty-five

"what do you want for your dinner at the clinic?" jimin's mother asked, jimin sighed, "i don't know" he mumbled, looking out the window.

"i'm proud of you for allowing your dad and i to help you. i'll make you something delicious" she said, jimin nodded, picking at his fingers. it's not like he had a choice anyways.

nothing could lift jimin's spirits today.

namjoon, taehyung, and yoongi took notice. they tried making jokes, hugs, and ruffling hair but all jimin could do was fake a small smile. when lunch time came around, he hid in the bathroom to not be seen.

"where's jimin?" taehyung asked, 15 minutes into lunch and jimin was nowhere to be seen, "i have no clue" namjoon said, everyone knew why jimin was upset, but no one talked about it.

"maybe he's in the bathroom?" yoongi asked, standing up to go check in the bathrooms, "maybe, but it stinks in there" taehyung smiled, "oh gosh, i swear i saw literal crap on the ground" namjoon gagged.

yoongi made his way to the bathrooms, finding jimin in the cornee of the room, "are you sitting on shit?" yoongi asked, "no, i made sure i wasn't"

"let's go to the cafeteria, smells better than here" yoongi said, "are you kidding? anything smells better than that calorie filled room"

silence.

"sorry" jimin mumbled, "just drink some orange juice, it's not nice to see my boyfriend hiding in the bathroom" he said, "fine"

jimin sighed, checking his body in the mirror as he got ready. did these jeans make his thighs look big? did this hoodie make him look wider?

he groaned, feeling tears brim in his eyes. he wasn't happy with anything about himself. jimin couldn't look in the mirror and say something good about himself.

the small boy hugged a teddy bear yoongi had gave him, sniffling as he tried not to cry.

"nice outfit, jimin" his father said, jimin nodded, "thank you" he said, although he was just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

he has his lunch in a blue lunchbox, he hadn't seen what he had gotten for lunch yet, but he wasn't interested in that anyways.

"i don't want to go" jimin said, "i know, it must be so hard, but i know you can do this. i know my jimin is strong" he proudly spoke, "are you sure?" he asked, "of course"

jimin hummed, "do you know what mom packed me for dinner today?" he asked, "i have no clue, but i got to pack your fun food" the man smiled, jimin had to have a "fun food" everyday.

"what'd you pack?" he asked, "that's a surprise" the man smiled, "no fun" jimin pouted.

they arrived to the building, where jimin checked in and his father was asked to leave.

h

e played with his sleeves as one of the therapists was writing things down, "jimin, can you step on the scale?"

he nodded, trying to look but they made him look at some fake butterflies they had on the ceiling. then, he was brought into a room with other people who were talking and laughing.