one

jimin sat on the dirty school floor as he watched his best friend, and president of the student council, taehyung, tape posters on to the walls. these posters were to announce that seoul's national high school was holding tryouts for basketball.

"so, are you going to tryout?" taehyung asked, "i want to, i really like basketball but i was absolute ass last season" jimin said, rubbing the back of his neck, "you were the reason our school lost last season" taehyung scoffed, jimin smiled at the boy's statement.

it was true! jimin played basketball in 9th grade and he only made one shot throughout the whole season, but now that he was in 10th grade, he wanted a second chance at it.

"taehyungie, what should i do?" he pouted, "you're hopeless! my aiming skills are better than yours! i don't know, maybe ask your parents to get you extra lessons?"

"you think they want to pay for that considering how bad i am?" he scoffed, "they're equally as hopeless as me" he said, "sounds like a you problem!" he teased, "you need to be kicked out of student council because you're mean" jimin huffed.

namjoon sat next to yoongi at lunch who was eating some fruit and looking at his phone, "hey yoongi" he teased, yoongi sighed and set his phone down.

"so, have you seen the posters?" namjoon asked, "what posters?" yoongi questioned, raising a brow and tilting his head, "basketball tryouts! are you going to tryout?" namjoon smiled, "what the fuck am i supposed to play as?" he scoffed, "you're mean" yoongi said, "i was being genuine!" namjoon frowned, "still, i can't play"

"c'mon hyung" namjoon dragged out the last word, yoongi sighed, "shut up" he said, "fine"

"i know a guy that can help you" namjoon said upon hearing the boy rant about how bad he was at basketball for what seemed like hours with no end, "who?" jimin said, his eyes lighting up.

"min yoongi" namjoon said, he hadn't asked the boy, but he knew he would agree.

crickets.

"who's that?" jimin asked, "how the hell do you not know min yoongi?" he asked, "sorry?" jimin said, "you know the school's trophy wall? most of the basketball ones were earned by him" namjoon scoffed, "and he's my best friend"

jimin raised a brow, "i don't remember him" he said, "he was on last year's team. he was on the A team, you were on B team, that's probably why" he said, "really? is he good?"

"he's amazing" namjoon grinned, "is he trying out?" jimin asked, "nope, he can't" he sighed, "why's that?" jimin frowned, "reasons. he had to quit mid season last year, but he still watched and became referee near the end of the season, he would watch from where no one could see him. the school didn't even make it to nationals" he said, so much for one the top rated schools in korea.

jimin hummed, "can you ask?" he said, showing namjoon his puppy eyes to convince him, "i will"

yoongi and namjoon sat together on the bus, yoongi was listening to music and bopping his head to some rap music.

"yoongi" he said, "hm?" he mumbled, not looking away from his phone, "so, i have a friend who really wants to get on the basketball team" he started, yoongi hummed, "what does that have to do with me?"