seventy-four

"oh" jimin mumbled when he woke up to yoongi next to him, "hi, hyung. what are you doing here?" he yawned, struggling to open his eyes because of the bright sun shining into his room from the windows.

yoongi blinked, "you really don't remember?" he softly asked, jimin tilted his head, "i don't" he frowned, putting on his slippers and going to his wardrobe.

the boy felt like crying again.

"you went to sungmin's party, got drunk, a-and" he paused to breathe a bit, "a-and you said you were to kill yourself, s-so i-i brought you home and stayed here" he sniffled, jimin looked away from yoongi as he pulled some clothese out, "sorry for causing so much trouble, it won't happen again" he reassured.

yoongi felt tears in his eyes, "you don't remember your mother and i talking to you until 2 in the morning?" he croaked, "no" jimin answered, rubbing his aching head.

"you can wear whatever you want from here to school" jimin spoke, yoongi nodded and sighed, "are you going to school?" he softly asked, jimin shook his head up and down to signal 'yes'.

"i don't think your mom wants you to, jimin" yoongi spoke, "i'll be fine" he reassured, but everyone was so worried about him. they worried that keeping their eyes off him for 2 seconds would result in jimin doing somehing unthinkable.

yoongi traced the moon patterns on jimin's bedsheets, "why didn't you tell anyone you felt like that?" he asked, feeling guilt build up even more.

"you're mad at me, namjoon is mad at me, taehyung is mad at me, my mom is mad at me, and my dad is mad at me. tell me, who would i tell?" he scoffed, "we all would've stopped anything we were doing in order to help you"

jimin just sighed, which just made yoongi feel even guiltier.

"i'll get dressed in the downstairs bathroom" yoongi mumbled and took some clothes, wiping his tears with the paw of his hoodie.

-

taehyung watched yoongi who couldn't keep his head up during first period and watched jimin who was playing a game on his laptop.

"you alright?" he whispered to yoongi, who shook his head. no, he wasn't alright. jimin wanted to die and he felt responsible for the whole thing.

it confirmed his worst fears. he was a bad son. he was a bad step-son. he was a bad friend. he was a bad boyfriend. he was a bad person.

min yoongi was the worst person to ever stand on earth.

"do you want to talk about it?" he mumbled, "no" yoongi sniffed, and closed his eyes to take a nap.

-

"yoongi" his teacher called out, but the boy was asleep, "min yoongi" he said even louder which woke the boy up, "yes, sir?" he sleepily mumbled, rubbing his eyes and looking at the board.

"being injured doesn't give you an excuse to sleep in my class" the teacher said, "i never claimed it did" he mumbled, "you're so lucky to be injured"

yoongi tilted his head hearing that come from his teacher's mouth.

"i'm sorry, what now?" he asked, jimin was a little too hungover to deal with this, but decided to defend yoongi. he had failed to defend yoongi and it was his to redeem himself.

"i said you're so lucky to be—"

"are you an idiot?" jimin asked, he didn't shout. he didn't scream. he just calmly asked. in return, the class went silent, "i'm curious. do you have a disease that makes it hard for you to understand the struggles of other people? was your head bonked too many times as a child and that somehow messed up your ability to emphasize with others? would you like me to help you contact a neurologist? would you like me to help you contact a neurosurgeon?"