twenty-four

"bye jiminie, i'll see you monday" yoongi smiled, kissing jimin's cheek. it was friday, they had a date every friday after school to finish off the week.

jimin nodded, "bye hyungie!" he smiled, walking off to his car. yoongi looked for the house key, he unlocked the door and took off his shoes. he spotted an extra pair of men shoes that weren't his. he put his keys on the key holder.

he shut the door and turned his head to see his mother with a man at the kitchen table, they were drinking coffee.

yoongi stared at the man. surely this was a friend, right? the man stood up and bowed, "my name is sungho" the man introduced himself, "yoongi, this is my boyfriend"

the small boy opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't form the words he needed, "is this why you get home late?" yoongi asked, he felt pressure in his chest rising, he felt his fists shake and he could only stare at the man.

"none of you thought of telling me?" he asked, raising his voice, "this is where you get gifts? you never even told me you found interest in a guy! you didn't tell me anything!" he shouted, "you're probably just like my dad! you think i'm easy to fool because of what my dad did to my mom and i!" he shouted, he grabbed his keys and slammed close the door.

the woman frowned, she felt tears cloud her vision, "oh jiyoon-ah, don't cry" he mumbled, wiping the woman's tears, "i-i knew he wasn't going to be the happiest, b-but i didn't expect him to say that" she cried into his chest, "i understand why he could've thought that" he said, "it's okay" he said, she cried more.

-

yoongi knew his reaction wasn't right, but he couldn't help it. he was mad that his mother never even thought of telling him that she had a crush. he would've been supportive if she told him but she hid it from yoongi and lied about where she got gifts.

he was holding back tears for the sake of driving. it wasn't safe to drive if he was distressed but he wanted his jiminie.

-

he knocked on jimin's house door. to his luck, jimin answered. yoongi immediately pulled him in for a hug and let out silent tears that wet his shirt.

"hyung, is everything okay?" he asked, yoongi shrugged, he was tempted to say no, but he didn't want to burden jimin.

"can i stay here tonight?" he whispered, "of course, let's go to my room" jimin said, eager to know why his beautiful hyung was crying.

-

yoongi told him everything, from the gifts to his thoughts. jimin stayed silent and listened, rubbing his back and running his hands through the boy's hair.

at the end, yoongi just ended up crying more. he was tired of crying like a little baby, "c-can i sleep?" yoongi asked, jimin nodded, caressing his hair, "do you not want dinner?"

the small boy shook his head, "just sleep" he mumbled, and just like that, he was asleep. his phone kept ringing. at first, jimin ignored it, but eventually he answered yoongi's phone because it was the boy's mom.

"hello?" jimin softly said, "oh jimin? he's with you?" she let out a sigh of relief, "yes, he fell asleep. he's going to be fine, he told me what happened" he said, "oh okay, thank you" she said, jimin hummed, "no problem, have a good night"

he hung up and wrapped his legs around the boy, "my pretty hyung" he smiled, yoongi didn't move a muscle.

-