sixteen

tryouts day!

they were before school started so yoongi had to wake up early to get ready.

he made jimin's lunch, he made him one everyday now. his mind was constantly thinking about the small boy. he wondered if he was nervous, anxious? he was a bit worried for him.

yoongi

you'll do great :]

jimin

i want to cry 😭😭😭

yoongi

you can cry later

GO NUMBER 13!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!

jimin

thank u sm

yoongi noticed how jimin was shy around the other athletes. he saw how the boy fiddled with his fingers and occasionally made eye contact with yoongi.

he tried to keep his mind off him as the coaches and him wrote things down, "so, you'll be assigned a number, 1 or 2. if you're one, you will go to the left side of the court, if you're two, you'll go to the right. you'll play against each other. please note these numbers don't hold significance and are randomized" yoongi spoke, and numbers were assigned.

yoongi was excited to see what jimin could do on the court, he knew this was big for jimin, but he had no doubt jimin would do well.

the game began, yoongi observed jimin, and sometimes other players. he noticed this boy was putting all his effort which made him smile.

despite there being 6 foot tall athletes on the court, jimin was still doing amazing. he noticed jimin playing defense quite well.

yoongi couldn't help but feel something as he saw jimin's team winning because jimin was up and down this court.

"number 13 is park jimin, right?" one of the coaches whispered, yoongi nodded, "mhm, he's the guy i was telling you guys about" he responded, looking at the boy.

"i have to say, i'm impressed. you have a good eye, he really improved" the other coach said, yoongi grinned and nodded, "what placement are you guys thinking about for him?"

"A team" they said at the same time, making the laugh a bit, "he's great, isn't he?" yoongi said, they nodded.

jimin's team had 32 points, jimin had earned 27 of those. yoongi could see how shocked everyone was to see jimin play like that, he had to admit that he was a bit shocked too because jimin had never played this hard.

when tryouts ended, yoongi waited for jimin outside the gym. he frowned seeing the boy look so upset and his head facing downwards.

"jiminie, what's wrong?" yoongi worriedly asked, and jimin stared crying into his hands, "i did bad, didn't i?" he cried, yoongi shook his head, "you did amazing, i think you played better than every other time. trust me, okay?" yoongi said, wiping jimin's tears, "o-okay"

they began walking to their first period classroom, "hyung, do you know if i got in?" he asked, "i know, i can't tell you. you have to wait until lists are released" he said, "are we going to train today even though tryouts are done?" jimin mumbled, yoongi hummed, "we can start again once basketball season officially starts and you get placed on a team, it would be a good rest period for you, you've worked hard" yoongi spoke, twirling jimin's hair.