XXXVII. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮

ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓐𝓑◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN—
i'm highly suspicious that everyone here wants you.

 ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓐𝓑◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN—i'm highly suspicious that everyone here wants you

Kody had gone to the store to get his Mom a present as an apology for how he acted when she first announced her pregnancy. He circled the isle and stopped at the sight of Kenny eying the video games. He hesitated, knowing he should just keep walking to the gardening section, but couldn't help himself. "Hey, Kenny."

The boy looked over, glaring in the slightest. "What do you want?"

"Just to tell you hi." he walked closer as he chewed on the inside of his mouth. "You here by yourself?"

"Why?" he tried to stand a little taller, but Kody was a little over average height as is. He shrugged back as Kenny looked away. "Yeah."

Kody looked at the wall of all the games. "That's a good one. I recommend."

Kenny was confused by all of this. "Kody, what do you want? You want to start a fight?"

"Nu-uh." he shook his head at him. "I guess I just wanted to say that I don't think you should be friends with Kyler."

"It's not any of your business who i'm friends with." he stated bitterly but knew where it was coming from, dropping the act some. "It wasn't cool what he said to you at the waterpark. I don't agree with it. Just so you know."

"I figured." Kody rocked on his heels just a little. "But, do you really wanna be friends with someone who does think that way? I mean...Kylers done some really bad things. Not just karate bad things."

Kenny didn't understand, and Kody wasn't about to talk about it when it wasn't necessary his story to talk about. "We've all done bad things. Those friends are the only ones i've got."

"That's not true." Kody frowned his eyebrows. "Robby-"

"-is a traitor." Kenny cut him off, anger in his eyes. "He went soft. He told me one thing then turned around and told me something different. Can't trust him, just like I can't trust you."

Kody had to nod in understandment. "I'm just saying that I get where you're at right now. And I don't mean in the middle of the store, even though you're in the middle of that too. The sooner you get out, the sooner it'll be easier."

He headed off before turning back. "Get out of Cobra Kai, I mean. Not the store."

Kenny gave a look of disbelief as Kody nodded. "Okay."

He walked away after that.

With Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang combined as one again, the boys stretched in the backyard together as Kody kept trying to trust fell onto Demetri. "Demetri, how can you not catch me as i'm falling? I am suppose to trust you."