XXXIII. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤

ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓐𝓑◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX—
the red dog at the waterpark

 ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓐𝓑◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER THIRTY SIX—the red dog at the waterpark

"I wonder if my Mom will name the new baby Kody Junior." Kody said honestly as he was getting sunscreen sprayed onto him via Eli. "Get my shoulders good, I turn into a red dog."

"A red dog?" he paused and looked at him oddly. "What the hell is a red dog?"

"A red dog." Kody repeated himself. "A red dog!"

"What is a red dog?" Eli tossed his hands up. "Yelling it isn't gonna make me understand!"

"The red dog!" Kody yanked his glasses off. "The huge red dog!"

"Clifford?" Alaska looked over curiously.

"Clifford the red dog!" Kody yelled as he looked at Eli. "I couldn't read until middle school, but I loved looking at the pictures of that dog in the books. He scared the shit out of me! Just this huge red dog....that's what a sunburn reminds me of."

"Uh-hu." Eli set the sunscreen down. "A red dog!"

Sam tried not to laugh from behind her book. "It's a red dog."

"A mother fucking red dog!" Alaska agreed with her.

"See. The girls get it." Kody put his sunglasses back on. "Maybe she'll name him Koala...baby Koala. I will hold him by his ankles and sing."

"Kody." Eli sat down. "Why would you hold a baby by his ankles?"

"Because they know how to swim." he shrugged. "Because they are in the womb."

"Yes, but why the ankles?" he rose an eyebrow.

Kody started to laugh. "That's what they do when the babies are first born. They hold 'em up by the ankles."

"But what's that have to do with swimming?" Sam looked over.

Kody violently dropped his magazine and clutched his head. "Too many thoughts. Everyone stop talking."

"Go to the food channel, love." Alaska didn't look up from her book as she reached over and patted his shoulder. "Think about Paul Hollywoods blue eyes and how he cheated on his wife."

"The British guy?" Eli gapped. "He's my favorite."

"Mary was always better then him." Kody rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna fake a British accent just to get on the show and shove a cheesecake right into his face."

"Let's hear this accent. Have you been practicing?" Miguel asked curiously.

"Buon Giorno!" Kody announced with a confident smile. "Buon Giorno!"

"Holy shit." Eli braced himself. "That's Italian, Kody. Not British."

"What language is British again? Spanish's cousin?" he took his sunglasses off once more. "Miguel? Are you related to the British via languages?"