x. 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐞𝐱 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

Kody towel dried his hair, his feet hitting the stairs as he came down them

Kody towel dried his hair, his feet hitting the stairs as he came down them. He was planning on findings Hawk, but the many bathrooms were confusing. "Hello?"

"Hi, boy." Lolly spoke from the kitchen. "Come here to me."

He looked for any sight of his lovely companion, finding it had only been her, salad, and the smell of pork chops. "Hi."

"Aw, you're cute." she gushed, waving him over to get a better look at him. "Like a baby beer."

"My sensei calls me a kola." Kody answered, letting her take his face and examine each structure along his features.

"Does acne run in your family?" she asked honestly, eyeing his cheeks. Like Hawk had said, his grandparents were judgy. It didn't make them bad people, it just gave them no filter. And thankfully enough, it was hard to offend Kody.

"My mom had it pretty bad when she was a teenager." he answered in return, leaning on the counter to look at the difference dips. "Woah, did you make all these?"

"Oh, sweetie, don't be stupid." Lolly laughed slightly. "I make nothing. The best I can do is warm something up. My husband is the real cook around here."

"Where is he?" Kody glanced for any sight of anyone else, wondering if he'd been in just as good of shape as Lolly was.

"Fixing up the backyard for tomorrow." she said, heading for the fridge. "Did Eli tell you that his aunts and cousins are coming down tomorrow."

Eli. Kody had to crack a minor grin. "He said it was a maybe."

"Only for a little barbecue, he'll probably take you and Karter onto the lake for a little bit." Lolly came back with different dressings in her hands. "Grab that salad bowl and follow me."

Kody did so, holding it in his hands and following her toward the dining room. It had a vintage wooden table, decorated in a nice table lace, golden plates, the napkins placed perfectly under a fork, spoon, and knife. There were three lit candles down the table, the lights off to create the affect. Kody grinned slightly, expecting to feel uncomfortable or out of place at a strangers house, but only surrounded by comfort. He placed the salad bowl down, making sure it was lined up nicely. "You do this every night?"

"Gotten into the habit." she gave a minor grin, holding a finger up as she opened the back door. From what Kody could see, they took extremely good care of their flower gardens and grass. "David! Get in this house! It's time to eat!"

Their entire house was nice. It was vintage like, the types of houses you'd see with old money families. Kody assumed that's what they had been, but didn't suspect it because of Hawk and his parents. They didn't live like this, they were simple, not seeming as though they'd inherited all the money that Lolly and Pop surely would pass down to their child. David walked in moments later, and like Kody thought, he was in just as good as shape as Lolly was. "Woah, you look different from the last time we've seen you."