iv. 𝐌𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭

Aisha had to laugh as Kody walked in to the dojo the next day

Aisha had to laugh as Kody walked in to the dojo the next day. "Woah, nice California stereotype."

Miguel and Hawk turned to see Kody with his sunglasses pushed up on damp hair, a hawaiian shirt on that was unbuttoned, a beachy glow across his face, and a rosy tint from the sun. Hawk looked in confusion. "Where'd you come from?"

"Auditions." he yanked his glasses off, throwing them to the side as he fell to his knees. "Gee. Could a real zip gun make you do that?"

The trio looked at him oddly, the open shirted boy on his knees. Kody rose his eyebrows in disbelief. "No one? No one knows it?"

"I'm so confused." Miguel admitted.

"West Wide Story!" Kody called, getting to his feet again with a crazy look. "Hello? Baby John? I told all of you I had summer play auditions!"

"Ohhhh." the trio spoke on sync.

Hawk cracked a grin. "Gettin' into character?"

"Yeah." he said in return, standing up and pulling the rest of the shirt off. "I was up all night memorizing that script. Mom was Bernardo."

"When do you find out if you got the part?" Miguel asked, watching Kody reach into his bag for his gi. "Are you gonna have time for both?"

"Totally. Multi-tasking, baby." Kody grinned, pushing some of the slightly greased hair back as he pulled the white gi on, looking for the belt. "Are you gonna come to my play?"

"Duh." Miguel said back with a grin.

Hawk cleared his throat loudly. "Why didn't you ask me to help you run lines again?"

"You said you were going to Moons." Kody shrugged, tying his gi belt around his waist. "It's cool."

"Everyone, fall in." Johnny called, Kody hurried to get his glasses he threw, joining the rest of the team. "The back thrust kick works like this. You step, pivot, throw a side kick."

"What about if your opponent attacks you from behind?" Hawk spoke up curiously.

"Excellent question." Sensei Lawrence nodded. "Sensei Kreese, wanna take this one?"

"Oh, sandbox guy." Kody mumbled, grinning toward Hawk as he got a head shake in return.

Kreese looked in shock a moment. "Certainly, Sensei Lawrence. The key to this move is making your enemy think you are retreating. But just as they let their guard down, that's when you strike the hardest."

"That hurt?" Kody asked, hearing a noise from Hawk when he was in the process of helping him switch his hair color from blue to red, his head leaned back in one of the salon chairs.

"No, it feels nice." he said back, shutting his eyes. Kody cracked a minor grin, rubbing his gloved hands through his hair to lather up the red shade. Dotti let Kody do Hawks hair again, giving them space while she paid bills on her computer toward the back.