xvii. 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

"Hey, Miguel

"Hey, Miguel." Kody walked down the stairs of the school to see him sat on the stairs. "What are you just sitting on the steps for? Did you go paralyzed again?"

"No." Miguel gave a small smile, moving his bag. "Wanna sit with me?"

Kody sat down, their voices echoing in the empty hallway. "How's it feel to be back at school?"

"Kinda weird." he admitted in return. "I heard what Hawk did to Demetri."

Kody frowned, nodding. "Yeah, it was pretty bad."

"So, you guys aren't..." Miguel trialed off with a questionable look.

"No, i'm pretty sure that train collided with a car on the rail road tracks." Kody nodded his head, Miguel gave an odd look but didn't question it. "I just, want to work on myself for the time being."

"That's really good for you." Miguel gave him a small smile. "So, you don't want to do karate anymore?"

"I do, just maybe not right away. Cobra Kai is still all up in my head right now and i'm trying to really detox myself from it all." Kody inhaled sigh a nod. "I'm actually going on a peace and love retreat this weekend."

"Peace and love?" Miguel gave a snort. "What is that?"

"It's these little cabins in the woods and there's spas, some water falls, getting really in touch with nature." he confirmed with a nod. "My dad sponsors it to get more customers for the spa so we get to go for free. Moms bringing Gina, so Alaskas gonna go, but I have another opening if you wanna tag along."

"I would but my moms still kinda weary about me leaving the house too long." Miguel explained. "Alaska is that girl that was hanging around at the party, right?"

"Yeah, she's cool. I think you'd like her." Kody nodded his head. "You sure you don't wanna come?"

"Maybe next time?" he suggested, Kody nodded. "But, send me pictures?"

"Duh." he grinned, rubbing his palms together. "So...did you talk to Hawk?"

"Yeah, we kinda had the train crash too." Miguel frowned slightly. "But, you know that's not him, right? That's just Kreese talking."

"Yeah, I know. I mean, I had it too." Kody pointed at his forehead. "Like a little worm lodged itself in my forehead and I no longer thought about the food channel."

Miguel laughed, nodding. "Well, I hope the food channel comes back to you."

"Me too, I miss hearing Gordan Ramsey yelling at me." he said honestly, the bell rung. "I should get out of here before I have to see anyone."

"Hey, Kody?" Miguel stood up, making him look back. "I'm sorry about you and Hawk. I know you guys were..."

"Yeah." he exhaled with a shake of his head. "Maybe next time, right?"