viii. 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞

"Hey, pretty lady

"Hey, pretty lady." Kody fell onto the mat next to Tory, nodding toward Miguel and Hawk. "What are they talking about over there?"

"Probably Coyote Creek." she said back, reaching for her left foot. "I heard you kicked some ass."

"Just a little ass." he shrugged in return with a faint grin. "But, it's okay, a little ass is still appreciated."

Tory laughed. "Always so charming."

Kody gasped, placing a hand on his heart. "I try."

"Everybody fall in." Sensei Lawrence spoke up, walking from the office. Tory stood up before Kody did, the pair going to their usual spots on the mat. "Today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know."

"Where's Sensei Kreese?" Hawk spoke from infront of Kody.

"Yeah. Shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going?" Stingray added in, still wearing his red headband. Johnny stared after him harshly. "Or not."

"Mr.Kreese will no longer be joining us." Sensei Lawrence said in return, causing a faint chatter to spread.

Kody inhaled sharply. "He died?"

"No, no, he's not dead." Johnny threw a hand in his direction, shaking his head. "I made a promise when I became your sensei. To always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart. John Kreese may have founded Cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for. His Cobra Kai was old and outdated. He refused to move forward. What happens when we do that, Mr.Diaz?"

Miguel inhaled, his hands locked behind his back. "You get stuck like cement."

"Exactly." the blonde agreed. "To be a great fighter, you gotta learn to adapt. This creed on the wall...follow it to the letter, it'll make you strong. It'll make you formidable. It will also make you an asshole. Cause that's just black paint on a white wall. But life's not black and white. More often than not, it's gray. And it's in those gray areas where Johnny Lawrence's Cobra Kai sometimes shows mercy."

Hawk and Miguel shared a look, as did Kody and Tory. Johnny went on before the students could think too much into it. "Doesn't mean you can't be badass. It's still a requirement. But you have to learn to think, not just with your gut...or your fists...but to really use-"

He drummed on the side of his head. "-this. Which leads me to todays lesson."

He grasped a board from the bench, breaking through it with his head. The students laughed in shock. "Headbutting. Grab a partner."

"I think Kody should sit this one out." Aisha said, pointing to his forehead. "We shouldn't try to damage the little that's going on up there."

"She has a point." Tory agreed.