xviii. 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧

"You're gonna suffocate me!" Alaska yelled out as she swatted around her face

"You're gonna suffocate me!" Alaska yelled out as she swatted around her face. "Do you think the bugs want you that bad?"

"I don't want to get eaten!" Kody defended himself with a crazy look her way. "Why are you okay with it?"

She shrugged. "Like to put cold ointment on them."

"Like gravy on mash potatoes." he confirmed with a grin, getting a questionable look.

"Not e-" she stared, being cut off.

"Still got room for one more?" a new voice rung as they looked over on sync, standing at the end of the forest.

Kody's eyebrows shot up in shock at the sight of Sam. "W-yeah! Yeah, sure."

"So, a waterfall." Sam spoke slightly awkwardly as she walked toward the two.

Kody wacked Alaska in the arm. "Tell her about the waterfall."

"Makes you feel like you have to pee." the girl confirmed with a nod of her head. "But, if you yell next to it, no one can hear you."

"Don't tell her that." Kody whispered to her.

"Not that you'll have to do any yelling!" Alaska backed up her story with a forced laugh in Sams direction. "Did you bring some snacks?"

"Ugh, yeah." Sam dig into her bag as Alaska walked closer to her. "Cucumber sandwiches."

"Aw, cucumber sandwiches." Kody gushed with a hand on his heart. "That's so cute."

"Do you like-" Alaska started as the trio started to walk through the forest, digging in her bag. "-peanut butter crackers?"

"With the cheese?" Sam snatched them from her. "I use to eat them all the time when I was younger."

"They don't taste anything like cheese or peanuts though." the taller girl shook her head. "Kody, what did you bring?"

"My good company?" he suggested back at the two. "And my good looks?"

"Hum, I don't know. Do you think that's good enough?" Alaska looked toward Sam in questioning. "I can't decide."

Sam pretended to think. "I think it's okay just this time though."

"Thank god!" Kody tossed his hands up in relief. "Wasn't ready to check getting murdered in the woods off my check list."

"That a weird thing to have on a check list." Sam had to point out.

"Check." Kody made a check with his finger. "Convince Sam to go to the waterfall with us. Check. Forget where it's at. Check."

"Scare the pretty girl. Check." Alaska mocked as she walked forward. "I know where it's at."

"Take the lead, lady." he encouraged her. "Pretend to know where you're going, I totally support you."

"I do know!" she yelled back. "Just, watch my back. I don't want a squirrel jumping into my hair."