xix. 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭

"What are you doing here?" Kody sighed as he sat on the back porch, watching Hawk get off his motorcycle

"What are you doing here?" Kody sighed as he sat on the back porch, watching Hawk get off his motorcycle. It was dark out, the girls in the cabin but looking out the window.

"I came to see you." Hawk stated as Kody stayed sitting on the porch. "Came to say i'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" Kody shrugged. "For what?"

"For making you think I cared more about the dojo then I did you." he exhaled, he met his eye with a head shake. "I don't."

"Then leave Cobra Kai." Kody stood up now with a wild look.

"I can't abandon the dojo." Hawk defended it with a shake of his head. "Doesn't mean I don't care about you more."

"What about Demetri?" Kody pointed out with a shake of his head. "You sorry about that too?"

"What was I suppose to do?" he looked in disbelief. "Everyone was yelling at me and calling me a pussy."

"I don't know, maybe not snap your best friends arm in half." Kody defended Demetri with a crazy look in his eye. "That should have been a wake up call for you, not just me."

"He's not my best friend . You are." Hawk argued as he walked closer to him, standing under the navy blue porch lamp. Jimmys idea, naming the retreat Navy Falls, for the dark blue waterfalls near by. "I just wanted to come and win you back."

Kody bit the inside of his mouth, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know what you want me to say."

"Say you want me back too!" he shot his way with a wild look in his eye.

"Obviously, I do!" he met his tone with a look of disbelief. "But, I don't want Cobra Kai back. And everywhere you go, it follows. You already made your decision, you wanted the dojo more. I'm trying to move on from that and you're not letting me."

"Because I don't want you to move on from it." he gave a look of disbelief. "How do you expect me to choose between my two favorite things?"

"Because one of those things is sick of not feeling good enough for you." Kody snapped at him with a defensive look. "Nothing is wrong with who I am, but I changed for your benefit. I don't wanna do that ever again. I liked myself before."

"I liked you before too." Hawk gapped at him.

Kody looked back at the cabin, facing him again. "I still don't know what you're wanting me to do. I told you, me or the dojo. You can't have both, I don't wanna deal with it."

Hawk caught his arm before he could turn away, pulling him around as he cupped his face and kissed him. Kody hadn't expected it, never from him. He obviously knew he hadn't been straight, but to want to kiss him? It was unexpected, and he wondered if only he didn't know. But, for a matter of thirty seconds, when he kissed him back under the navy porch lights, in the middle of no where, with two gapping girls inside the cabin, he forgot all about Cobra Kai, about what happened with Demetri, about Kreese, about all of it.