xvi. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐛 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧

"Never underestimate your enemy

"Never underestimate your enemy." Kreese spoke to the class as they all stood around a large wooden stump with a bonsai plant on top. "Even if you think they're weaker than you, you always have to stay one step ahead of them. That's the only way to guarantee a victory. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Sensei!" they all called back on sync.

"Good." he looked around at the team. "Now let's see if you truly understand the lesson. I want you to kick this tree off the top. Red, you start."

"How do you kick a tree?" Kody whispered with a frightened look.

"It's just a plant." Hawk whispered back. "In a vase, you fool."

Kody realized he was right, though Red missed it when he tried to kick upwards. "Pathetic. Rickenberger, show him."

He stepped forward, trying to do a round house kick but only resulting in crashing down on the mat. Kody rose his eyebrows, humming. "Stop your sniveling."

"I can do it Sensei." Hawk spoke up confidently.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Kreese shrugged in response.

Hawk walked forward, Kreese gave an odd look. "Don't you want a running start?"

"Don't need one." he said back, his foot hitting the wood to knock it over, the plant coming down with it.

Kreese chuckled. "Not bad. Not bad at all."

"But, he cheated." Rickenberger spoke up, holding his arm. Kody looked his way, hitting him in the jaw with his fist as the boy gave a yelp. "Ow, what the hell?"

"Mr.O'Dell is right." Kreese agreed with Kodys actions. "He didn't cheat. Unlike you, he did exactly what I asked him to do. If your mind is agile, so are you. That's the best way to beat your enemy. Not just with brute strength. But you have to fight smart. Do that, and you will always come out on top."

The bell rung, making them all look over. Kody shut his eyes. "Oh god, no."

"What the hell is she doing?" Hawk looked in a panic, Kody attempting to give a leaving motion.

"Sorry to interfere." Alaska spoke up loudly from the door, looking around. "I love this new fashion trend, very comfortable."

"Oh, shit." Kody turned his head and squeezed the bridge of his nose.

"Excuse me." Kreese announced as he stared toward the girl with an odd look. "You're interrupting my class."

"Oh, sorry." she apologized with a shake of head head. "I just need to talk to Kody."

"Sorry, Sensei Kreese." the brunette looked over to save her.

"Unless you're Cobra Kai, you shouldn't be here." Kreese ignored Kody and hadn't taken his eyes off the girl in the doorway. Mainly because he knew her mother use to do exactly what she was doing back in the day, only it became a reoccurring event.