16-Confrontations and Truths

Start from the beginning

Today I am driving to Bloemfontain.I need to talk to my dad about this face to face.I decided to drive for some fresh air its been three hours since I left JHB and I already regret driving there, I am a lazy driver.I just don't do long distance. As much as I love cars,I don't see myself driving to Cape town, when there are airplanes to get you there.After a few hours , I entered my parent's yard.I am so exhausted think its around 12 pm and I know mom is in the kitchen preparing lunch.I took out my luggage and went inside the house,like I assumed mom was in the kitchen.

Mom:Are my eyes deceiving me? [She came over to hug me]

Me:Hey Mama.[I smiled then hugged he back].Suprise!!

Mom:what are you doing here

Me:Ha!Ma cant I just visit my parents when I miss them?

Mom:I am not buying it, how much do you need?

Me:You are asking a whole multi millionaire that mama,[I laughed]

Mom:You will never stop being my boy, you know that. Wait where is my other baby?

Me:You always ask me about him,well I left him.

Mom:Why?

Me:There is something I need to discuss with you .

Mom:what, you are getting married?

[I LOOKED AT HER WITH CONFUSION]

ME:Eeuw!No why would you think that.

Mom:Ke hore you are not planning on giving me grandchildren neh?

Me:Mom, I am only 25 not 45 come on.

Mom:Me and your father aint getting younger.

Me:Tell your other son that my love,because me?I am not planning on having a family anytime soon.

Mom:Is your brother even dating?

Me:Hah Ma now you want gossip.Let me leave you [Already on my way out].

Gugu

Today,the PI is going to give us an update on the investigation I really hope its something positive.I am meeting my Aunt and the PI at this private restaurant in town.My phone rings and its Zamo, its been a while.

Me:NKosazana.

Zamo:Hey Nkosazana,unjani?

Me:ngiyaphila friend,Wena unjani?

Her:Nami.look uNdalo is coming for the weekend I was thinking maybe we should go the graveyard with them and afterwards we could go out.

Me:Thats a great idea.

Her:So you in?

Me:Yes baby,you will update me mos.

Zamo:Text Owami heh and ask her if its okay uma siya kubo.

ME:Sure,sharp chommie neh

Her:Bye

[I hanged up]

Aunt:Hey

Me:Hey,mommy.He is not here yet?

Her:Nope,want some mocktail?

Me:Yeah please.

Her:So tell me,mtanami.How have you been holding up my love,about everything?

Me:Eish mamncane,yazi I don't want to lie,everyday I wake up wondering my purpose in life.Here I am doing this degree,i don't know if I actually like it.What will become of me?My sister will come home and will be queen and what will I be.Everyone is distant in my life,you are the closest thing I have to best friend.My parents are distant, Mom barely spends time with me and Dad is out there doing only God knows what.I understand they have a kingdom to run but don't we come first mara Mommy,They sent both me and Wandile to boarding school so that they don't have to raise us themselves.I really hope uNosipho wherever she is,had a chance to be brought up by actual present parents.