Stay with me pt.3

Billie POV:

A day later I'm sitting in the little hospital chair beside her bed reading when "mmmh" I shut my book and see the woman opening her eyes. She meets my gaze and asks "who are you?" My heart stops and tears prick my eyes. "M-my name is Billie. I'm y/n's wife" Dorothea furrows her brows and sits up against the pillows "why are you here?" The tears fall "you really don't remember me?" The woman stares before slowly shaking her head "I can remember some memories of you but they're all a bit fuzzy"

I bite my lip and nod "where is y/n?" My chest aches "....s-she" Dorothea grabs my hand then freezes "I'm sorry" she removes her hand and I immediately take it in mine "it's okay. Uhm she-didn't make it" I wipe my tears and take a deep breath. "Im sorry." I shake my head and look down. The next two days are spent getting to know each other. Dorothea told me she has no family here so I invited her to stay in my guest house. Just until she figures out her next move.
——————
"Billie why don't you tell her your wife's spirit is the reason she's alive or that she is your wife." Cordelia says. "Because wouldn't that freak you out?" Delia pops a grape into her mouth and shrugs "not really" I smile sadly "every-time I look at her I see y/n. She even does the little habits y/n would do. It's just hard to know she's still here but she's not mine." I sigh and there's a knock on the back door. "It's her." I run and open it "Theo! Hii" I say a little too excited. She smiles and plays with her fingers. A little habit y/n would do when she was nervous. I give a pained smile "hi Billie I um wanted to ask you if I can come in and hang out for a while. It's a little too quiet in the guest house. It's kinda freaking me out." I should have known, y/n hated when she was alone in quiet places for too long.

I smile and open the door wider "of course, come in" she steps in and waits for me. "Follow me, I have a friend of mine and y/n's over but don't worry she wouldn't mind." Theo nods and walks nervously behind me. Cordelia stands as she sees I returned with Theo. "Cordelia this is Dorothea, one of y/n's friends" Theo smiles and extends her hand out. The exact same one y/n would alway put out. Delia notices and gladly accepts it "it's nice to meet you. Please join us take your shoes off and get comfy" Theo smiles and takes a seat in the chair y/n used to always sit in. I can't help but gawk at the way she removes her shoes and tucks her legs underneath her. Cordelia sends me a mind message "stop staring" I clear my throat and look at Delia.

"So, Dorothea right?" Delia asks. I grab my wine glass and practically chug. "Yes, but you can call me Theo" she smiles "y/n had always said it was easier to scream than Dorothea" I giggle
Sounds like her.
"That sounds like something she would say." Delia chuckles. "So how well did you know y/n?" Delia asks. Theo thinks for a second "it's still a little fuzzy but I think we met during my first year at the hospital. I was assigned to work with a Dr. Howard" I feel a sharp pain in my chest. "I thought I was going to be working with some arrogant man but I was surprised when I saw a woman giving a diagnosis and ordering interns around. I was even more surprised when I found out she was actually nice." I laugh and look up at the pictures of us on my fireplace.

Theo sighs "she was one of the only people in that hospital I could rely on. I'd like to think she would say the same." I wipe a tear from my cheek.
You have no idea.
"Your last name is Michaels, right?" Theo nods. "Y/n would come home and tell me about her day. I remember she had came home one day and said 'if it weren't for Michaels being decent at her job I'd have lost all faith in the nursing program" Theo smiles and wipes her eyes. "It's funny I-this is gonna sound crazy and absolutely absurd but...I feel like I'm even closer to her now." Delia and I share a look.
—————-
That week Theo had said she wanted to remember who she was so, I called my friend Ellie. I told her about the situation and asked her to find a way to bring y/n's memory back. If anyone can do it, it's her. If not, Cordelia already promised to wipe Theos memory clean.