Sandy hills (Whilemina)

"Y/n! Let's go we're gonna be late!" My bsf yells from the door. I run down the stairs my bag falling off my shoulders "shut up. Let's go" I run by her and into the car. "Took you long enough" my friend Alex says. "Whatever here" I say as I pass my bag into the backseat with him. My bsf hops into the driver seat and we begin our way towards the beach.

Once we arrive we drive to a secluded spot towards the end. We get out of the car and set up our little spots. Behind us is hills upon hills of sand. Right in front of us is the waves crashing along the shore. The sun is setting casting a beautiful orange and red glow on the sea. My friends and I like to come out here to study sometimes. We enjoy the soft sounds of crashing waves and the warm breeze along our skin.

I pull out my laptop and begin my work. "Do you guys have the assignment for Mr. Cantu's class?" Alex raises his hand "I do and I'll give it to you only if you ask Madam Satan to raise my over all grade" I smile and shake my head "as much as I'd love to. You know I can't." Alex sigh and tosses me his packet. "What good is it having a best friend who is sleeping with the Dean, if she can't even get her to help me out." "Shut up." I laugh and begin my own packet. A few hours later the sun is almost gone and the moon is rising behind the hills. I close my laptop and decide to watch the water from the hills.

I stand and make my way towards the sandy dunes. I climb them and sit on top of the highest one. I pull my knees to my chest and just watch as the water slaps the shore. I'm broken from my peaceful state by the sound of an engine revving. I look behind me and see a lifted jeep doing donuts in the sand. The jeep comes closer until it stops a few feet away from me, tossing sand my way. I grunt and stand to shake it off.

The owner of the vehicle steps out "fuck" I whisper under my breath. "Y/N!" Adam yells. Clearly drunk. He takes a swig of beer before tossing the empty bottle to the side. With every step he takes forward I take two back. When he's about a foot away my foot reaches the edge of the steep hill. I gulp and look him in the eyes. "A-Adam" he laughs and wraps his arm around my waist "what are you doing out here?" He asks "just enjoying the peace and quiet." I reply. He hums and pulls me closer. I can smell the alcohol on his breath making me cringe.

"You know." He begins and looks over my shoulder towards my friends. "I could never understand why she would sleep with you. I mean look at me. I am the star quarterback of the football team. I am in all honors classes, I'm six foot five and extremely built" he says as he releases me from his grasp to flex. I scoff and quickly look for a way down without falling multiple meters to the ground. "But no! She chose you. You scrawny little gay girl." He grabs my arm with so much force it causes a tear to spring out the corner of my eye. "let go! your hurting me" He grabs my chin forcing me to look him in the eye. "You want a way down?" The mischievous grin on his face sends a shock of fear down my spine.

"Here let me help you" he says before shoving me off the edge of the hill. My body feels as though I'm floating. I close my eyes waiting for my back to meet the earth. The few moments it takes for my body to make contact my mind spins, flashes of my life right before my eyes. A loud thump and my shallow, strained breaths are all that are heard as I meet the hard sand. "Y/N!" I hear my friends scream. I see Adam standing over the edge a smirk plastered as he watches my body lay there meters away. His smug smile is the last thing I see before everything goes black.

I awake in my bed as I try to sit up everything hurts. I groan and lay back down. I skip the rest of school that week, simply in too much pain and fear.
My first day back at school is rough. All the quiet whispers and stares. It gets too much to handle and I feel myself mindlessly wandering towards her office. Before I know it I'm stood in front of her door. I raise my hand and knock "you may enter" I open the door and step in. "Y/n?" She asks "close the door" I do as instructed and stay there, standing. "What can I do for you?" I look at her. She's wearing her signature purple suit, hand resting on her raven headed cane. His words ring in my ears. I don't understand either.