Second chance (Cordelia Goode)

Cordelia and I have been together for about a year now and everything was perfect. That is until Misty Day showed up and rained on my parade. I never met her but I've heard a lot about her from the girls and my beloved Delia her self. She was Delias best friend. Nothing to be worried about. Right?
—————————-
I'm currently sitting at the kitchen table alone and can't seem to eat. I huff and throw my food away before walking up to my bedroom. Ever since Misty came back Cordelia simply forgot about me. Spending every waking moment with the blonde witch. I lay on my side and face Cordelias side of the bed. I rub my hand on the bedsheets missing her warmth.

Before I can begin to cry I hear delias giggle and the distinct accent of Misty. I roll my eyes, sit up and cross my arms. I thought they were going to walk in but I hear the voices descend down the hallway. I groan and roll over on my side. A few minutes later there's a soft knock at the door. I sigh and ignore it. The door opens "y/n?" It's Zoe I look over my shoulder and turn back around. Zoe sighs and lays behind me "what's wrong?" I shake my head already feeling the lump in my throat growing.

"Come on talk to me" I sigh "it's Cordelia, ever since Misty came back last week she's forgotten I exist." Zoe wraps her arm around my waist and pulls me close "oh y/n I'm sure she hasn't forgotten about you. She's just excited Misty is back." I stay silent "after Misty died Cordelia took it really hard. She blamed herself and tried to find every way to bring her back but to no avail. She's just making up lost time" I stay silent and let my mind run wild.

Zoe stays with me until Cordelia walks in. "What's going on?" She asks. Zoe lets go of me and walks out. Cordelia sits beside me on the bed and caresses my side "honey what's wrong?" I debate in my mind if I should tell her what's wrong. But I stay silent in fear that my suspicions are true. "Y/n please talk to me" I sigh and ask her "do you love me Cordelia?" She looks taken aback but answers "of course I do. Y/n what made you ask" I shake my head "you haven't told me in days, you used to tell me every morning. But I forgot you spend your morning and whole day with Misty. Only coming back to me when I'm already asleep and when I wake up your already gone"

She starts to talk but stops herself "you haven't kissed me all week, I hardly see you and if I do you are with Misty. So just tell me now Cordelia if you still want to be with me and save me from looking stupid" I sit up and look into her eyes. She just sits there. I scoff before getting up and walking out. I text Zoe, Queenie and Madison to meet me in my car. A few minutes later they come out and get in my car.

"Y/n where are we going?" Zoe asks as they buckle their seatbelts. I put the car in reverse and begin to drive away. "Anywhere but here. I need a drink" Madison claps "now we're talking" I drive to a bar downtown and immediately head to the bar. I explain the situation to the girls as I drown my sorrows in alcohol. "That is so fucked up! She didn't say anything y/n?" Queenie asks. I nod my head "yup" I pop the 'p' and down the rest of my drink silently asking the bartender for a new one.

"I'm sorry y/n I've seen them together as well but I figured Cordelia would at least spend her nights and mornings with you." I nod my head and shrug my shoulders. My phone begins to ring 'Cordelia❤️' I ignore it and groan she calls me back several times and each time I forward her calls. She texts me 'y/n where are you?' 'Please answer me' 'come home please' I slide my phone over to a sober Zoe and tell her to hold it. She puts it in her bad and I resume drinking.

A few minutes later Zoe exudes herself to the bathroom.
Zoe POV:

Y/n's phone keeps ringing so I excuse myself to the bathroom and answer "y/n! Where are you? Please come home I'm sorry" I sigh "Cordelia it's not y/n" "Z-Zoe where's y/n is she okay?" I shake my head "no Cordelia she's not okay. You fucked up. I'll bring her home later but for now give her some space" I hung up and walked back to the girls. Y/n is smiling and laughing with Queenie.

Your POV:

Zoe drives us home because I'm way too drunk to drive. Once we arrive at the academy I groan and unbuckle my seat belt. I walk up to the door and use my powers to open it. As soon as the door swings open I see Cordelia sitting on the couch reading a book. I roll my eyes and make my way to the stairs. Before I can reach them I feel a hand on my wrist. "Y/n wait" the girls walk past us and to their rooms. "Cordelia I really don't feel like talking right now" "please just listen to me" I exhale deeply before walking to the couch and slumping down. "Three minutes then I'm going to my room" Cordelia nods her head and kneels in front of me. I don't look at her but instead watch the fire crackle in the fireplace.

"Y/n I am so sorry for not paying you any attention this past week. I'm also sorry for making you feel unloved. I love you with all my heart, I need you." I look down at her and see the tears falling from her eyes. "You sure didn't think about this earlier when I gave you the chance. What changed your mind? Misty wasn't in the mood?" I shift my gaze back over to the fireplace. Cordelia quietly sobs and for some reason it makes me feel better like somehow I hurt her just as much as she hurt me.

"Y/n there's nothing going on with Misty and I. I promise! I love you and only you!" I have a tendency to not believe peoples words but rather their actions. "One week. You have one week to make me believe that I have nothing to worry about. And if nothing changes or if things go to shit after that week. I won't be giving you any second chances." Cordelia stops crying and looks up at me with watery eyes and tear stained cheeks. "Now come to bed with me I don't feel like talking about this anymore, please" I stand up and offer her a hand.

She takes it her eyes never leaving mine. I press a kiss against her lips and lead her up to bed. That night she held me so tight as if she were afraid I would disappear. When I woke up the next morning she was gone. I laugh not believing that I gave her another chance to break my heart. I toss the covers off of me and stand up. As I'm picking out my clothes for the day the door opens revealing Cordelia holding a tray of breakfast. I smile and walk over to the bed. Cordelia kisses my lips as she places the tray on the bedside table.

"Good morning, my love" god I love her.
—————

This idea was given to me by
paulsieyippie   thank you💗

-Nikki