26. Blood

TW: Violence, mention of suicide, death

••••

Namjoon was seated in his office, quietly watching the news. He did not pay so much attention when one of the boards announced that his husband's former driver was alive. He thought that was impossible as he gave the task to Taehyung and Taehyung never disappointed him.

His eyes squinted and his hands formed into a fist when the news confirmed that Mr. Hwang was alive. The middle-aged man was entering the investigation office with several burly men surrounding him. He did not make any comment and instead, a known lawyer made a statement.

Mr. Hwang will only speak in court. He came here to give his statement to the investigation team. He will not entertain any questions from the press for now as it will affect the investigation. Let his presence be a loud proof that he is alive. Thank you.

Namjoon clenched his jaw as he turned off the tv and closed his eyes, trying to process what he had seen and heard. "His backer isn't just a so-so individual. There is someone big backing that shit to get that lawyer to handle his case."

Taehyung did not respond. He remained standing like some of the other men inside the office who could not even make eye contact with their boss.

"Now, Taehyung. Care to explain why that man is still alive? I want to give you the benefit to explain since this is the first time you fucked up."

Taehyung received angry stares from Namjoon and did not take his eyes away. "I am sure that I shot him twice in the chest and rolled him down the cliff right after. The people I sent there five days later to check his body informed me that the body was still there and was starting to smell. For now, I don't know how it happened. I am as confused as you."

Namjoon opened his drawer and pull out his gun. He then pulled the slide back and looked at his men one by one. "Who is that person you asked to check the scene?"

Taehyung held his breath for a while, staring at the two men whose heads were lowered. Before he was able to speak, one of the men raised his hand. "Boss, I checked it and I swear I saw a body down there and it smelled like a dead animal."

Namjoon chuckled, entertained by how afraid the man was, "Dead animal. So it could be an animal down there. Did you check it personally? Like it was a person or an animal dressed like a person? And who came with you?"

"I am, boss."

Namjoon stood in front of the two men and pointed his gun at the floor, signaling them to kneel.

"Boss, I admit we did not check. The smell was too strong--"

Two gunshots followed and two men lay lifeless on the floor. Namjoon instructed his other men to take the bodies away and he went back to his chair. "I still cannot understand why you cannot shoot a person in the head. That's the proper way to kill, Taehyung. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Taehyung lowered his head and did not say anything. He did not want to argue as he knew, with one wrong word, he would be the next one to be dragged lifeless out of the room. "I will take full responsibility. Please give me time to sort things out and I will face the police to admit the crime I made."

Namjoon snorted while shaking his head. "Of course! What do you expect? I'll go to jail because of the botched killing that you made?" Namjoon stood in front of Taehyung and pointed the gun against Taehyung's temple, "You should pray Mr. Hwang is the last person to appear. Otherwise, I'll bury you alive even if you're behind bars. Understood?"

Taehyung nodded without saying a word.

•••

Jungkook pressed his lips against Jin's own. His hand was behind Jin's head, pulling him for a deep kiss. As Jungkook pulled away and rested his forehead against Jin's, "I will not waste this moment. I should be there when our baby is born."