13. Give In

Taehyung and Namjoon arrived at the site that Namjoon was set to buy. Namjoon smiled as the vast piece of land came to his view. He could already imagine the future high-end residential tower being built there.

Taehyung parked at the front of the make-shift office near the entrance. He then opened the car door for his boss as they headed towards the office.

The site manager bowed at the presence of Namjoon. Offering him a seat in front of his desk. The manager looked a bit uncomfortable having Namjoon there. Not his usual welcoming aura.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim. I was trying to contact you this morning but it seems my call could not get through." The manager politely said as he settled on his chair.

Namjoon nodded, "This morning? Oh, I'm busy this morning. You definitely cannot contact me. So, when would Chairman Noh visit my office? I've been waiting for his office to set a schedule with me."

The manager was hesitant. He took a lungful of air, his hands tightened into a fist, finding the courage to speak. "Mr. Kim, that's the reason for my call. Chairman Noh already sold the land to someone else. Just this morning."

Anger immediately took over Namjoon. His breathing was heavy, his jaw clenched, his voice raised at the middle-aged manager sitting in front of him, "What the fuck are you talking about?! We are clear that I will be the one to buy this!"

The manager was obviously startled at Namjoon's anger. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he bowed in apologies. "I'm sorry, Mr. Kim. But the buyer is very aggressive and Chairman Noh found him very impressive. His offer was also tempting. He tripled your offered amount."

"Tripled?" Namjoon's forehead crumpled as the last words echoed in his head.

"Yes, Mr. Kim. And he paid it the same day they meet."

Namjoon's teeth gritted as the information made him angry and curious at the same time. I am the most aggressive businessman in this country, everyone knows that! So who is that damn guy who bought this land?"

The manager stuttered as he refused to give the name of the buyer. Almost immediately, the nozzle of Taehyung's gun is pressed on the manager's forehead. "I-i will call... Chairman Noh, Mr. Kim so you can get all the information you need. I'm just a mere employee. Please don't shoot me."

The manager crammed to find his phone. He almost dropped as he tried to contact Chairman Noh. With a shaking voice, and thankful that the Chairman answered his call, Namjoon snatched the phone and placed it against his ear.

"Namjoon, you must have heard."

"I don't have time for this bullshit. We are clear that you will sell this piece of land to me. What aggressiveness do you need? I am known to that!"

The Chairman chuckled from the other line, "Namjoon, let me just remind you that you are known to be aggressive because of your paid publicity. We are businessmen. We are all aggressive. It's just, the money was right there in front of me. Triple the amount you're boasting to pay. His plans are even brighter than yours. He has no inhibitions or flowery words. Very straightforward. How could I say no?"

Namjoon was flabbergasted. No one spoke to him like that. Everyone in the business world looks up to him. He is the number one businessman. He is the richest in the country. No one insulted him like that before. "Who is this man? Who took the property from me?"

Again, Chairman Noh chuckled, more of scoffing at how arrogant Namjoon talked. "He did not take the property from you. Our deal hasn't been finalized. You didn't hear my side. It's rude to me that I should be the one to give way to your schedule, that I should be the one to visit you when I am the owner of the property. It should be the other way around as a sign of respect and courtesy.