12. First Try

Some Weeks Later

Jin knocked on Namjoon's office, patiently waiting for somebody to open the door for him. After some moments of waiting, Taehyung opened the door, letting Jin inside the office.

Jin's gaze immediately went to the man sitting in front of Namjoon's desk. The man made-face and rolled his eyes at Jin. Hoseok smirked as he laid his hand on his growing stomach. Flaunting his pregnancy at Jin.

"Joonie, baby, you're not answering my question yet. Are you coming with me on Saturday? You told me last time you wanted to listen to our baby boy's heartbeat." Hoseok intentionally made his voice louder so Jin could hear him clearly. With the intention of annoying Jin.

Jin took a deep breath. He actually didn't care. He was more glad that it was not him who was pregnant for an evil man. He listened as Namjoon and Hoseok made a 'sweet' conversation about the pregnancy and the check-up. Namjoon seemed excited about Hoseok's child. Jin didn't mind. He couldn't give Namjoon a child. More of, he wasn't willing to give him a child.

"Oh, by the way, sweetheart. Have you seen this news already?" Hoseok took out his phone, opened the browser, and placed the phone in front of Namjoon who curiously peeked at what was on the screen.

"Min Yoongi?" Namjoon squinted his eyes as he tried to read the news.

Hoseok glanced at Jin, raised an eyebrow, and smirked before paying attention to Namjoon, "Yes, his name is Min Yoongi. I've heard his name somewhere but I'm not aware that he's a big businessman. There was a rumor that he's going to acquire the Mega Hotels and Casinos. If that would happen, he would be the richest in this country."

Namjoon sat back on his chair, clicking his tongue as if trying to remember something. "Taehyung, is this Yoongi the son of the owner of the defunct Min Group?"

"Yes, boss. But Min Group didn't apply  that the group is existing again and I already mentioned to you about that deal." Taehyung quickly answered.

Namjoon chuckled, pushing the phone back to Hoseok. "His father was just another failed businessman. I acquired his father's residential buildings long ago. Do you think he will be number one? I don't think so."

Hoseok nodded in agreement, "I believe you. But I think we should be more alert this time because it appears to me that Yoongi is a very aggressive man."

"Is there anyone more aggressive than me?" Namjoon asked with a smug face. "He doesn't bother me at all. To be honest, he's not a threat. Unless he wants me to be a threat."

Hoseok giggled, obviously liking the confidence in Namjoon's words.

"What brings you here?" After several minutes of standing and waiting, Namjoon finally had his attention to Jin.

Jin shifted his weight. His feet felt numb from waiting. And he hated that Hoseok kept on giving him an insulting look, as if provoking him. Ignoring all the daggers, Jin smiled thinly at Namjoon. "Jaehyun requested lemon crumble cupcakes and meatballs spaghetti. I don't have ingredients on hand. I'll go and have some groceries."

"It's Jungkook's off today. No one will drive for you." Namjoon said in a firm tone.

"I don't need a driver. I can drive. Besides, it's just an hour. I need to refill Jaehyun's fridge."

Namjoon shook his head. He knew Jin can be stubborn, he hated it, but he was expecting the attitude. "If you can convince Jungkook to drive for you today, you can go. But if you will drive, no. Make a list, I will have someone to do the groceries for you."

"No, thanks. The last time you did that, I wasn't happy with the quality of the fruits he bought. I'll just ask Jungkook a favor."

Jin turned his back at Namjoon, annoyed at how he kept on letting his husband treat him that way. If not only for his son, he wouldn't fear anything.