{Plot 1} •Chapter ◇TÉÑ

Start from the beginning

He peered through as I carried our mate away from the hall up the grand flight of stairs. I heard whispers and screams from people as I maneuvered the crowd of wolves. "Take care of him" I commanded Ryker, coming face to face with my Beta.

He nodded, curls swaying "He will be dealt with your majesty" he bowed, turning on his heels to assist the guards.

I stared at her face, transfixed and spellbound by her beauty. Without taking my eyes off her I padded down the hallway, taking the sets of double stairs to my quarters. I ignored the stairs from the maids and other workers, they all dispersed once I climbed up another flight going for the special chamber. Her chambers. Pushing the double doors open I strolled in, meeting the eyes of Fayette and Ruby who took very special care of the empty chamber. They watched with curious eyes as I lay her on the bed, her small form taking up barely any room on the queen sized bed. Pulling the duvets and velvet blankets over her form I stood tall, directing my eyes to the women that stood at the other side of my mate. I could scent the curiosity nipping at Ruby from the insiguards, if I was smelling correctly. I couldn't tell, all my senses were blocked by the little kitten that lay in front of me.

"Your highness" they greeted, acknowledging me with a slight bow of their heads.

I nodded in response, accepting their greeting. I could see Ruby itching to speak but she needed permission first, speaking without it was disrespectful. "Something on your mind Ruby?" I asked, her gaze flickering away from my mate's unconscious form back to my questioning gaze.

"Oh" she breathed out, embarrassed for being caught. "It's just. Who is she, your highness?" Ruby asked, motioning to my passed out mate.

"Yes your majesty" Faye added. "You never allow anyone into this chamber. Forgive me for my boldness but why allow her? This chamber is for our queen" her eyes drifted to my mate before realisation struck. "Unless-" she trailed off, eyes beaming with joy as she looked back at me.

I let a grin break out of my lips, "Yes Fayette, Ruby" I nodded at them both. "She is the one, my queen, my mate" I acknowledged, staring down at her longingly. Pride and joy filled my heart as I acknowledged her.

"Congratulations your Highness" Ruby cheered, smiling from ear to ear.

"Heartiest congrats, you have waited for so long," a smile etched on Fayette's young face. "Her Highness is so beautiful, her pale skin is flawless" Ruby gushed

"She has dark circles under her eyes, your majesty," Faye points out, making me snap my head to stare at her face more intensely. "She looks so exhausted. What happened to her?"

"I am still unaware of that. Call the doctor, tell him to be quick" I commanded Faye. She bowed before scurrying off. I turned to Ruby, all her attention on my mate. "Please Ruby take care of her. I have something to attend to, when the doctor comes do well to let me know"

Ruby nodded, walking into the other room to get her bath ready. My gaze flickered over to her beautiful face, her red lips were pursed in a thin line, her eyelids were softly shut, long lashes fanning against her cheeks. Allowing Phoenix some satisfaction I leant down, twirling a lock of her dark curls on my finger. The smell of flowers, vanilla and oat filled my nostrils as I took in her scent. Phoenix let out an approving growl, the noise erupting from my chest. Directing my gaze to her lips I moved in closer, letting my hands trail over the curve of her face, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. Tingles burst through my fingertips, making Phoenix excited as his tail wagged. Shutting my eyes I placed a feathered kiss to her forehead, relinquishing the feel of her skin against my lips.

Pulling back I gave her one last longing look before I strudded out of the room.

By the time I had arrived at the Hall everyone had been sent home, the place pin drop silent.