King

The next morning I woke up sore all over. As I looked back on the events of yesterday I would say things went fairly well besides Ruval.

As I thought about what I had to do to buy time I cringed but just then Irina burst into the room

"Yuuki! You awake?"

"I would've been if you entered like that,"

I got back up and headed downstairs. Tiamat was back and I could sense that she got a skill

"How does it feel? Feels good right?"

She nodded looking happier than usual as she continued eating her breakfast.

"Is Tsubaki here with Ravel?"

"Yea they're in the other room," Xenovia said pointing to where she was

"Oki, I'm gonna go say hi real quick,"

I then headed to the room only to find a crying Ravel

"P-Please you said you would let me go r-right???"

"I did say that but I changed my mind,"

"S-So what do you want from me?"

"Nothing. I need a hostage and you are perfect. It keeps your older brother in check," I said with a smile

She glared back at me still crying

"Tsubaki come with me. We're gonna talk about the next plan of action,"

She nodded and we all met in the dining hall with breakfast for everyone.

"So here's what is gonna happen next," I said as I ate some of my food "I'm gonna have to break Sirzechs some more. Although his family is dead and his little sister is traumatized by me I doubt that he is completely gone yet,"

"So you wanna kill Grayfia?" Koneko asked

"No, I wanna be king first, then I'll kill her. If I had to guess I won't even have to kill Sirzechs,"

"Why?" Tiamat asked her face full of food

"He'll probably kill himself at this rate," I said nonchalantly as I ate some more

"You really think he will?" Tsubaki asked 

"Of course, if you have nothing to live for then what's the point in living?"

"Well... I get that but won't they just call the angels for help?" Xenovia asked

"...idiot," I heard Irina mutter

"Of course not. If they do they mine as well start another holy war. The whole point of becoming allies is to not have that happen again,"

Xenovia seemed satisfied and nodded.

"So next we're gonna be crowned king, then afterwords I can focus on breaking Sirzechs,"

"But how's that gonna happen?" Xenovia asked again

"I beat him in a fight. Regardless of what the people want demon society has always been the strong rule. After all, a ruler that can't fight is just a strategist right?"

After that, we finished eating and I went through the capital waving to everyone. Most people seemed scared of me which I can understand. The only main issue though is that my fake identity is gone so I have to convince them to make me their ruler. I guess I could just show them I was the blue hair person though.

I made my way to the castle and when the guards noticed me they tensed up. Many people were waiting outside wondering what was going to happen.

I made my way past the guards and opened the castle doors. There sat four thrones with one of them being razed higher than the rest, most likely for the king of the underworld title.

Sirzechs was sitting there though with the other demon kings in the other seats.

"Sirzechs, I believe you're sitting in my seat," I said in a polite tone

He glared at me but also seemed a bit scared.

"No way are you becoming king. If you want that then you have to kill all of us first,"

"That's too bad since if a fight breaks out I can just break the whole castle to show them who started it,"

"It won't matter if we aren't the kings anymore, at this point what matters is that you aren't the king," Ajuka said

"I am gonna be king though. There's nothing you can do about that," 

The Ajuka raised his head and then he said "I had projections put up of the actual meeting. It may make us look bad but it will hurt you more,"

I sent a quick glare at him while thought communicating to Tsubaki 'Kill her,'

"Ok then. You can do it,"

He then played the tape and while I couldn't see the people's reactions they were most likely confused.

"So what now? If that's it I'm afraid that won't stop me,"

"I told you that we're gonna kill you," Sirzechs said as he stood but then... the doors opened with hundreds of reporters flooding the room.

I had told the guards right before we came in to wait a few minutes and then let everyone in.

"It still doesn't matter," Sirzechs muttered but then another unexpected face showed up, Grayfia

"Yuuki we accept your ascension to the throne,"

"Grayfia!" Sirzechs yelled but it was too late, the reporters and people already heard what she said.

She then whispered something in his ear. If I had to guess it was most likely something like 'Once they see how bad of a king he is we can take back over. We don't have an advantage right now,'

I then walked up to where Sirzechs was sitting and he begrudgingly stood up, and I sat down

He said in a loud but upset voice "Yuuki I now pronounce you king of the underworld," I could tell how much it hurt his pride to say something like that but I wasn't done

"Wait... where's my crown?"

"What?" He asked angrily

"Give me your crown since you don't need it,"

He stared at me then went to get it and handed it to me.

"Are you dumb? You gotta put it on me. That's how this stuff works,"

He was about to lash out when Grayfia gripped his arm and stared at him.

He then put the crown on my head.

I smiled and said "Thank you. I know you guys would make the best of servants so my first thing is to make all former demon kings my servants. From here on out there is no Demon Kings only the demon king,"

The other former demon kings looked disgusted but held their tongues.

"Now then, my first new law is that all treaties with other races are banished. Someone is free to go tell them so. Also, I hereby say that Royal families have only held accountable by title not bloodline, meaning that if you beat someone of royal blood including me, you get their position,"

Sirzechs continued to stare and I looked at him back. He was nearing his breaking point.

"Finally, I make it so that anyone who disobeys my law is executed immediately. It's not that I wish to scare you but I only wish for things to go smoothly,"

The people seemed a little scared but the former demon kings were furious. I had just single-handedly restarted everything that they tried so hard to keep. And by saying that royal families can be taken over I made it so they always have to be careful. 

'Now, I can start to break them in,'

(Done)

Thank you all for reading this chapter! Just so you all know Yuuki is going to settle the score with Ruval soon but not right away. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope to see you all soon!